Objectivism Online Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RomanticRealism

Hi - a passion for the visual arts

Rate this topic

Hi , I am Theo and I look forward to reading everyone’s posts. In 1982 I found the Fountainhead on a bookstore shelf and was totally awestruck by it. Then discovered Atlas Shrugged, then Capitalism the Unknown Ideal, The Virtue of Selfishness and read everything else. Before I read Ayn Rand's books I would be best summed up as being "Tabula Rasa" in regards to most issues so it was not much of a conflicting change for me, it was simply a self-education. My primary passion is the visual arts and I have always been drawn to the realist style. My own paintings are at: www.vanoostromfineart.com 

Thank you! My earlier work was produced with oil on linen and my latest 3 paintings are digital paintings. One of the advantages of digital painting is the conversion from the digital painting to a digital print (giclée print) is simpler and direct and retains the quality of the image.  Giclée prints use transparent inks which allow light to shine through, bounce off the white canvas underneath which makes the colours vibrant and less muddy - similar to the old masters technique of producing a monochrome under-painting and glazing the colours unmixed over the top, which is how I produced my oils on linen.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, RomanticRealism said:

Thank you! My earlier work was produced with oil on linen and my latest 3 paintings are digital paintings. One of the advantages of digital painting is the conversion from the digital painting to a digital print (giclée print) is simpler and direct and retains the quality of the image.  Giclée prints use transparent inks which allow light to shine through, bounce off the white canvas underneath which makes the colours vibrant and less muddy - similar to the old masters technique of producing a monochrome under-painting and glazing the colours unmixed over the top, which is how I produced my oils on linen.

The final product is your purpose and aim, and they are very impressive.  I'm curious, what software do you use? Corel? ArtRage? 2D 3D software?

What do you think of the artists affiliated with QuentCordair?

Edited by StrictlyLogical

My primary software is 3ds Max, I also use Sculptris for sculpturing and Photoshop for post-work and stylisation. Quent and Linda have some very talented artists on show and their work in very impressive.

Stark contrast, vibrant color, dynamic composition. 

I have watched artists develop online, in galleries, and when I worked in an art supply store, my recommendation is consistently make more, make more, make more!