Objectivism Online Forum

Introducing myself to all...

Rate this topic

Well, to answer everyone's questions... I started with "Return of the Primitive" because that is the book a co-worker of mine chose to lend me, he thought he had other Ayn Rand books, but he could only find that one. I plan on purchasing "The Virtue of Selfishness" as another starting point, but it just so happened that that was the first one I got my hands on. As to what got me interested in Ayn Rand's philosophy, well it's a little silly, but it was first off a videogame named "Bioshock", which incorporates a lot of her philosophy into the storyline. Also I have been slowly but surely becoming more conservative in my politics, and choosing to be strong and provide for myself, as opposed to making myself out to be a victim. I have desired strength for a long time, and I finally realized that only I can make myself strong. I mean this mentally, psychologically, and physically. I think "Objectivism" is one of the only philosophies that follows common sense, and doesn't incorporate guilt, sacrifice or surrender to acheive what you want in life. As cheesy as it may sound, I think in the long run, "Objectivism" will win... I think it could save the world. And thank you to everyone for the welcome, and I look forward to educating myself further. Thank You.

Cool, be sure to check out her fiction as well. The Fountainhead an Atlas are the pre-eminent pieces of fiction that incorporate her philosophy, and they were originally her primary vehicles for it.

Plus they're just darn great stories.