Objectivism Online Forum

Does Objectivism encourage open, inconclusive, individual thought?

Rate this topic

Chops

Is this interpretive type of thinking and emotional response of yours rational?

It's called "ridicule", and I use it because I find the questions you brought up to be laughable. The sooner you realize this, the better for everyone. Some people don't take polite words like "mistaken" or "ill-advised" to heart, so I'm telling you right now, in the most obvious manner I can think of, that 99% of what you said is, in fact, absurd.

Is this interpretive type of thinking and emotional response of yours rational? Why the fear and anger? I hope you do not represent objective thinkers. And yes, I will aim for the concrete, it makes sense. You do not need to respond to me again.

skip -

I'd recommend a perusal of Aristotle as a basis for Rand and Objectivism (not to mention, life), particularly:

Categories

On Interpretation

Prior Analytics

Posterior Analytics

These are all available on line, no charge.

Also, as a quick kickoff on syllogisms, refer to the logical fallacies entry on wikipedia. (Unless someone has a better source) These are derived from Aristotle; if you haven't studied these before, you'll be surprised at how much popular argument is based on false logic.

If you're not using proper syllogisms as the basis of your rationality, you're in trouble (and rightfully skeptical of any conclusions).

("Make sure you aim for the concrete" -- That's rich. Words to live by.)

Edited by agrippa1