Objectivism Online Forum

Green TV shows

Rate this topic

IchorFigure

So I saw a commercial for yet another show devoted to Global Warming, "Project Earth".

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/project-earth/...highlights.html

This is so bizarre and weird, it's on a level sounding like part Christo installment, and part wacky comic-book-esque villain type diabolical plan.

covering acres of Greenland's glaciers in protective blankets to stop the ice from melting,

to constructing rockets to send tiny reflective lenses into orbit,

to planting thousands of saplings via a mass aerial drop to reforest barren areas

This almost sounds antithetical to the whole green movement however, I mean isn't the whole premise that man should keep it's hands off of nature? Who knows what kind of dire consequences these projects would force us all into!

Another new show premiering is (I swear to god I'm not making this up) "Battleground Earth: Ludacris Vs. Tommy Lee".

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20...is_vs_tommy_lee

For today's challenge, the teams are told to organize "green" funerals, using alternative funeral preparations. Tommy must present a green funeral for the death of Rap while Ludacris must present a funeral for the death of Rock 'n Roll.

Is this enough yet? Will the green movement be losing momentum any time soon? It seems to be reaching a completely laughable height with each new day.