Objectivism Online Forum

Enviro Penance

Rate this topic

Zip

Just when you thought they couldn't take the religion analogy any farther...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/magazine...t-002.html?_r=2

My only suggestion is that perhaps they should start wearing this device around their necks, with the barbs over the jugular. :)

I'm convinced, these people are mentally ill.

I sure wouldn't challenge you on that one. Ye gods, some people really do need their heads examined.

This is the power of ideas in action. In this case, bad ideas, very bad ideas. I am reminded of one of Dr John Ridpath's recorded lectures where he said in his big booming voice "Bad ideas KILL." I look at crap like this and see this as the first overt tentative steps in that direction by the green movement. You think you're joking, Zip? One of these days some twit will do neck spikes for real.

JJM

I sure wouldn't challenge you on that one. Ye gods, some people really do need their heads examined.

This is the power of ideas in action. In this case, bad ideas, very bad ideas. I am reminded of one of Dr John Ridpath's recorded lectures where he said in his big booming voice "Bad ideas KILL." I look at crap like this and see this as the first overt tentative steps in that direction by the green movement. You think you're joking, Zip? One of these days some twit will do neck spikes for real.

JJM

Blessed be Darwin... we can always hope. :D

I think the concerned 'greenies' should have a daily oxygen limit and when the exceed it a metal insert expands in their throat so they can't consume more oxygen than their daily allowance.

Well, that would be for the public good, right?

It's a religion, this consensus of environmental ideology.

Edited by SD26