Objectivism Online Forum

Moral Or Immoral?

Rate this topic

Al Kufr

I don't agree. WWII Japan is a model for how we should deal with our enemies. We decimated civilian populations and won the war, but we didn't leave. We occupied them and forced them to accept an American-inspired constitution. And as Brook notes, we didn't lose a single soldier to insurgents there.

Ultimately disconnectedness from the globalizing world is what causes threats like North Korea and Iran. Freedom is the only way to make them connect.

If they surrender unconditionally, then I would support trying to make them a free society. But only after they have proven that they have become civilized enough to truly surrender and accept our rule. None of this giving up and then not giving up crap.

Keep in mind also that we ourselves have serious problems with freedom. To shove "democracy" down our enemy's throat may be worse than leaving them alone to figure it out themselves.

It would be an incredible waste of resources to drop a nuke on a few anti-aircraft units, when a combination of smaller bombs and elite ground units (with snipers) could do the job.

You say that I know nothing about warfare. But, I'm beginning to think that you are the one who knows nothing about it. You like to think you do, however. That much is clear.

Uh, i dont think you understand what im saying, I was using YOUR crazy logic when I made that assertion, i wouldnt recomend that.