Objectivism Online Forum

Gangs And Al-qaida

Rate this topic

Al Kufr

Whats the difference between street gangs and terrorists organizations? The only difference I see is that they are much smaller in size and use different fighting methods. But if we find an member of Al-Qaida we can arrest him immediatly just for being a member of that organization, but why cant we do this with gang members? But really, I see no difference between the terrorists in Iraq right now and the little scumbags in south central L.A.

Whats the difference between war and crime? There is no difference.

Seems you've already answered your own question. why bother posting it?

Well my assertion wasnt that there is not difference between war and crime, it was why dont we treat gangmembers just like we treat terrorists organizations? Whats the difference? why are they walking down the street, EVERYBODY knows who they are and somehow they are allowed to be free, if Al-Qaida did the same thign they wouldnt last five seconds.

my intial guess would be because the americanized concept of gangs states that gangs vie for control over certain theoretical boundaries, which do no exist on paper. terrorists, do. also, terrorists tend to...i dunno...try to destroy economies and the free market as well as governments....gangs tend to...and bear with me on this.....sell drugs and um...keep order (or disrupt) the gang hierarchy in a particular region.

If I find that gangs are

A) blowing up polling or voting booths

B) assasinating major political figures

C) working towards undermining a state or national economy

then

yes...gangs should be considered terrorist factions.

Of course, my question to you would be

How should we classify ALF and ELF?

Whats the difference between street gangs and terrorists organizations? The only difference I see is that they are much smaller in size and use different fighting methods.

The terrorists are supported by enemy foreign governments, like Iran, and are fighting for the cause of Islamic totalitarianism. The terrorists have also declared war on infidels, specifically America and Israel.

Whats the difference between war and crime?

Al Kufr, don't you have a dictionary? Look up "war" and "crime" and see if you can figure out the difference. It's really not that difficult to understand. Trust me. Open up the dictionary. You might learn something.

The terrorists are supported by enemy foreign governments, like Iran, and are fighting for the cause of Islamic totalitarianism. The terrorists have also declared war on infidels, specifically America and Israel.

Al Kufr, don't you have a dictionary? Look up "war" and "crime" and see if you can figure out the difference. It's really not that difficult to understand. Trust me. Open up the dictionary. You might learn something.

Let me correct myself, all crime(if you define it as any act that violates the rights of another person) is ALWAYS wrong but not all war is wrong. Describing something as War really is a morally neutral statement.

Now what is a "bad" war? How would you define that? Well its the same definition you would use to describe a crime. Weather I have sanction from a state or not is irrelavent, Osama Bin Laden would still declare war against us weather he had support from somebody or no support from anybody.States dont need to be involved at all in order for something to be war.

But thats not the issue the isssue is why cant we treat members of gangs the same wat we treat terrorists? Why cant we just put them in jail for being members of that organization like we would put members of Al-Qaida OR members of the communist party in the 50's in jail just for being members?

Whats the difference between street gangs and terrorists organizations? The only difference I see is that they are much smaller in size and use different fighting methods. But if we find an member of Al-Qaida we can arrest him immediatly just for being a member of that organization, but why cant we do this with gang members? But really, I see no difference between the terrorists in Iraq right now and the little scumbags in south central L.A.

Whats the difference between war and crime? There is no difference.

Well, from what I understand, the difference between a street gang and a terrorist is that a street gang does not want to destroy everybody. It merely wants to be a parasite slowly draining the productive blood. A terrorist wants to destroy the whole western civilization. A street gang gives no excuse and generally just wants money. A terrorist terrorizes in the name of religion and wants nothing in return from anybody. For example, a street gang would never blow itself up like the terrorists did in the two Russian planes.