Objectivism Online Forum

Yahoo! CEO Tells Michael Arrington to "F*ck Off" on Vide

Rate this topic

CapitalistSwine

Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz Tells Michael Arrington to "F*ck Off" on video when he suggested that she might be crippling Yahoo by no focusing as much on search. Totally owns him.

http://www.switched.com/2010/05/24/yahoo-c...on-to-f-ck-off/

Glad to see this CEO has the....metaphorically speaking...balls to defend her company like that.

Edited by CapitalistSwine

Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz Tells Michael Arrington to "F*ck Off" on video when he suggested that she might be crippling Yahoo by no focusing as much on search. Totally owns him.

http://www.switched.com/2010/05/24/yahoo-c...on-to-f-ck-off/

Glad to see this CEO has the....metaphorically speaking...balls to defend her company like that.

Most people use Google for search and not Yahoo. Yahoo has plenty of other useful and entertaining features to compensate for its lack of search capacity.

Yahoo are the ones who turn over people in China to authorities if they use their search engine to look for "forbidden" information, so I'm not all that much of a fan of theirs.

And it's the government they are supposed to tell to "fuck off!", because it's the government that is violating their rights, not Michael Arrington.

Yahoo are the ones who turn over people in China to authorities if they use their search engine to look for "forbidden" information, so I'm not all that much of a fan of theirs.

And it's the government they are supposed to tell to "fuck off!", because it's the government that is violating their rights, not Michael Arrington.

I don't see why she can't put that guy in his place beforehand.

I don't see why she can't put that guy in his place beforehand.

I guess what I want to see is a courageous act in defense of freedom against government. That's what we never see, but given that Yahoo has even appeased a gov't in a distant land and in the most despicable of ways, it's hard for me to evaluate them positively. At least Google finally realized that it is morally wrong to appease China.

I remember a few weeks ago she was ridiculed by bloggers for saying Google has a problem in that its only known for search (obviously she was speaking in terms of where they actually make profit/revenue). Its funny how internet people always think they know better than a CEO whose tripled her company's profits in 12 months...