Objectivism Online Forum

CLEAR Act HR3534

Rate this topic

SapereAude

http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/go-viralclear-act-added-on-to

Going to the Senate. According to what I've read this would effectively give control of US waters and coastlines to the UN. The US would then pay the UN 900 million dollars a year for use. The problem is that I'm having trouble finding any significant articles about this outside of what would be considered strongly slanted media. I'm not surprised that our liberal slanted media isn't reporting on this but I am surprised at not finding anything outside of the "fringe media".

Has anyone read about this from a relatively neutral source?

If so could you provide a link?

I read the summary here. You may or may not consider this source unbiased but a summary of the possible effect of the bill:

HR 3534 is a thinly disguised permanent roadblock to American energy which drives American companies out of the Gulf, delays future drilling, increases dependency on foreign oil, implements climate change legislation and youth education programs; but most important, it mandates membership in the Law of the Sea Treaty without the required two-thirds vote to ratify it in the U.S. Senate.
. It is noteworthy where some of the $900 million is actually going such as to indian tribes who will be affected by CLEAR, and a "conservation fee" of $2 per barrel of oil will be added.