Objectivism Online Forum

The Nuremberg Trials

Rate this topic

eldiego1984

I am not a regular poster in this forum. I want to know what do you think of the Nurenberg Trials. It is probably the biggest trial ever.

However i cannot say if the law behind the trial was set by objective standards. Currently my sources are these plus all the links in the page.

if anyone has anything better to suggest (an objectivist review on the issues of the trial would be most appreciated) he is more than welcome to do so.

Thank you

<FC: Fixed the title from "Nurenberg" to "Nuremberg". Please be careful with the spelling in the future (at least in the thread's title).>

Edited by Free Capitalist

However i cannot say if the law behind the trial was set by objective standards.

It might help your readers if you explained the context. Why are you interested in this question? Why this particular series of trials? What will you do when you have an answer to your question?

Is you main interest here the historical question or is it about the philosophy that underlies trials of government leaders who massively violate rights?

P. S. -- See the Forum Rules. The proper spelling of the name of Ayn Rand's philosophy is "Objectivism" not "objectivism." (The latter is the name of a very specialized doctrine in traditional philosophy.)