Objectivism Online Forum

Lotus Birth and rights

Rate this topic

No, Jaskn, I'm not going to help you out of the morass you have created for yourself. Think it through and accept the conventional nature of your view. You might also consider changing you view to a more objective one.

I asked so that you would state your position, not because I needed your answer to clarify my own understanding. I also didn't state my view -- but I guess your statement means that you think no line should be drawn, since I did at least suggest support for a line.

So again, your position needs clarified.

All the political pressure -- mostly from Christians -- .. Christian idea .. the Christian curse ...

It is amusing that those who argue the pro-abortion position are ALWAYS the ones who introduce religion into the conversation. For your information, this is called a red herring. It serves as bait to lure their opponents into an irrelevancy and to create a frenzy among those who share their point of view. The use by SoftwareNerd is particularly pernicious, coming as it does dripping with hate--Replace the word "Christian" with "black" and you will see what I mean.

Just for your information SoftwareNerd, I am an atheist. God, being a non-entity, is irrelevant. Your dripping hatred is misplaced. Now try to form an actual argument.

I asked so that you would state your position, not because I needed your answer to clarify my own understanding. I also didn't state my view -- but I guess your statement means that you think no line should be drawn, since I did at least suggest support for a line.

So again, your position needs clarified.

My position would be irrelevant to this thread.

Your dripping hatred is misplaced. Now try to form an actual argument.

Anyone familiar with the board, yourself excluded, I guess, would know that if SoftwareNerd "drips" with anything, it is definitely not hatred. Ironically, your posts are the ones coming across with a hateful tone.

Just for your information SoftwareNerd, I am an atheist. God, being a non-entity, is irrelevant. Your dripping hatred is misplaced. Now try to form an actual argument.

That's good to know. If you move from polemic, to taking ideas seriously, I'd be happy to address the morass that you call your ideas (to use your term).

Add aside: And, given that much of my family and friends are Christian, I definitely don't hate them. What I hate is the Christian ideologues who have managed to get abortions almost banned in some places. If you wish to stop first-term abortions, then I hate that part of your ideology too: it is a crucial right that you seek to take away, and you have no leg to stand on when defending other rights.

Edited by softwareNerd