Objectivism Online Forum

Looking to start an online news magazine

Rate this topic

I'm looking to start something like an online news magazine. The closest thing I can refer to is Quillette, but I don't read that website. That's the format I'm talking about though. Not a blog.

The focus would be on technology, science, and politics. Thematically, all of this together focuses on liberty, freedom, and "the good life" What is the moral value of science and technology but a means to enhance your ability to Flourish? The objective of writing all of this is an idealistic outlook without going into a pessimism loop. 

When I say science and technology, I mean articles about the science or technology, not articles that might be something like "how COVID hospital treatment affects hospital bed availability". When I say politics, I'm thinking of mostly international topics rather than US politics. Focus on major concerns of rights on the level of the Ughur people in China. Politics could go to focus on the US, but if it does, it should be a topic that's underappreciated or the purpose of the article should be aimed at some positive. Race is an underappreciated topic for example among liberty minded people - writing about it would be unique. 

I'm looking for 3-4 additional writers, and 1-2 web programmers. My role would be as a head writer and editor. If you're interested, let me know, or if you know anyone else who might be interested. Writers don't need to be of any specific philosophical persuasion, as long as they are very liberty minded and like the focus of "the good life" as the purpose of the news magazine. 

Send me a PM if you have any interest.