Objectivism Online Forum

Lynette Cook

Rate this topic

intellectualammo

Wow, I just read an article in a newspaper, and it was on an artist named Lynette Cook, who is called a "space artist extrordinaire" by the writer, Deborah Zabarenko, and I thought that it would be interesting to find out more about her art and her. Here's a link so that you can view her prints, bio., and so forth.

http://lynettecook.com/

And another:

http://www.novaspace.com/ARTIST/LynetteCook.html

I immediately became interested not only because of the art work I had seen in the article, but because I like the quote they have of Cook here:

"This is not science fiction," she said. "These planets are so far away we cannot look at them with a camera close-up, so we can't have the assurance at this point of time that it's 100 percent accurate. And that's fun for me because I can use some imagination as long as it is scientifically plausible. It can't be too far-out or I can't do it."

Also Zabarenko, writes that Cook's art may seem surreal but "Cook stressed that they are grounded in science".

Has anyone seen her art before?

If so, or if not, what do you think about her art? Her?

Edited by intellectualammo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice work. Post if you get any more positive feedback won't you?

I certainly will, if I do!!

I just read in an interview with her and she spoke of a goal of hers...she would like to paint all the extrasolar planets that we have found and the ones we continue to find. I have no idea how many we have found, or how many of those she still wants to paint. So I'll just keep my eyes on her site, in case there are any more added, and keep checking my email.

• 1 year later...