Objectivism Online Forum

Humorous philosophical phototography

Rate this topic

Spano

The receptionist said, "I don't know, the doctor put that up there."

"He didn't tell anyone what it meant?"

"No, he just tells us what to put up."

If anyone else wants to try for the doctor: (727) 446-2167. I do not know what the reference is, myself.

Edited by JASKN

It's stuff like this that leads to that scene in South Part where a person's heart ends up being replaced with a potato. A heart is a heart, but if you see a potato as a heart, what a heart actually is is unknowable so it may indeed be a heart, at least until you place it into the patient's chest. Of course, then there is the Kantian issue of which comes first, existence or consciousness, and hense there really can't be a true definition of life and death. :lol::worry:

Well, this might have set him off.

Anyone have any contact information for Darby Conley (author of that strip)? He made it out like Critique is a book advocating reason... but it's a Critique of reason. Of course, since Bucky ends up using it as a cudgel, there is a certain double irony. Mr. Conley has a smart sense of humor so he might even appreciate that if someone let him know...

• 4 months later...