Objectivism Online Forum

The Tales of Beedle the Bard

Rate this topic

intellectualammo

The Tales of Beedle the Bard is a handwritten novel ("translated") by J.K. Rowling. Only seven copies have been handwritten by her, and those are the ONLY copies of it. One was auctioned off for charity to the Children's Voice Camp) at Sotheby's fetching almost 4 million!! which I had read exceeded all expectations of which were around $100,000. Guess who bought it? Amazon.com. The rest of the copies were given away as gifts. If anyone has information about this handwritten novel, feel free to comment on it in this thread. Anyone know what Amazon.com plans on doing with the novel? In an online article I read:

Craig Berman, speaking on behalf of Amazon.com said that the web giant wants to take the book on tour to libraries and schools

Here is a link: www.amazon.com/beedlebard, that will tell you and show you more about this handwritten novel that Amazon.com had purchased. You'll see why I said translated, before. It's a book of children stories from the Potter series. I don't have time right now to read through the link, but I intend to in a bit.

Edited by intellectualammo

I was not aware that Amazon had purchased the storybook. I think that's great. I do wish they had published more copies of the book, though.

Yeah, I wasn't even aware of this book, until a unit coordinator at the hospital asked me if the Rowling's new book came out yet. I had no idea what she was talking about, and gave her a :lol: . I was busy at the time extracting a carpet, so I didn't talk much, but looked it up later. Did you read through the descriptions of the 5 tales? I think the second one, I'd really enjoy reading the most. I am happy at least that we have a good idea of what the tales are about.

Also, I read about a Lexicon another writer was writing, but the courts have put a halt to it or something, until they make a judgment if it is copyright infringement on HP. I don't know much more than that. I saw it on Rowling's website.

• 6 months later...
I do wish they had published more copies of the book, though.

Well Mimpy, that wish (as far as I can tell) will come true on December fourth of this year, for there will be two new editions published - a Standard Edition and a Collector's Edition. You can pre-order. I just found out about this when I got home tonight so I am not one hundred persent sure if they are the same tales as the seven original handwritten copies of the five tales - I presume that they are the same.

edit to add: They are according to the links: "All five fairy tales from the original The Tales of Beedle the Bard"

Edited by intellectualammo