Objectivism Online Forum

Amazing!

Rate this topic

Wow! The city is essentially refusing to protect the rights of that establishment.

When I read the reports, I'd imagined a protest group standing a few feet from the door. Instead, they're blocking the entrance and refusing to let people in. The whole situation looks ripe for violence. I can't believe the cops are not ensuring that they at least keep a path for one human being to walk through to the door.

Edited by softwareNerd

I wonder if this is an example of the type of "change" that Hillary and Obama are offering the country.

I can't say that I find that a fair statement, unless you can support the insinuation with quotes, voting history, or actions.

Both of the leftist candidates for president have been advocates for "change." Yet both Hillary and Obama have left what they mean by that term largely undefined. The idea is to have the voter fill in the blank. People will then support their favorite based upon their own concept of the word which may or may not coincide with what the candidate actually means by it. I am just doing what they want me to do--filling in the blank.

Has there been any more news on this subject? Have the Police issued a statement over why they did not intervene and forcibly remove these protesters? Hell, a friend of mine was arrested under the law against 'public obstruction' for simply walking around handing out food, for free, but without any sort of licence. I cannot believe then, that this doesn't qualify for police intervention.

RationalBiker, if you're reading this, do you have anything to add about this at all?

By the way, I actually felt a feeling of disgust from this video, both at the actions of the protesters and the inaction of the Law. It really sickens me that this could happen. And it's kind of funny - you'd expect that in response to some video of alleged "police brutality", not for something which is the exact opposite.

Are the people inside the building trying to do anything to drive them away? The video makes it seem as if they're all just sitting inside being irritated about all this.

I feel sorry for the people just trying to get in; employees are being kept from pay and potential marines are being kept from volunteering all based on a baseless accusation.

The one thing I found damning about the video is how rather ashamed the cop looked when he was being lectured by that man. He ought to know he's evading.

This would be a time when police intervention would be needed most; a person' right to protest conflicting with a person's right to associate. It is one thing that they stood by when the protesters blocked the entrance (bad enough), but when people had to start physically battering and/or assaulting to get through, the police most assuredly should have taken some step to maintain order. By that I do not mean arrest the people trying to go in, but rather recognize that such situations cannot be left to individuals seeking to exercise their rights with NO recourse to the law. I would venture to say that while the whackjobs of Berkley would probably win court cases in their jurisdiction and in the 9th Circuit, the SCOTUS would probably rule otherwise.

I would love to see court action come out of this by those who were denied access and denied the 'peaceful' recourse of the law.

While I typically abstain from vulgarity on here, the nazis of Code Pink can go f--- themselves!