Objectivism Online Forum

Your thoughts on having found O'ism via Neo-Tech?

Rate this topic

Good afternoon,

I've been reading a lot of very interesting and empowering books lately and I've come accross a manuscript written by a one Dr. Frank Walllace. The book is entitled "God-man: Our Final Evolution" and when I started reading it I became very intrigued.

The book is littered with 'cult-like' references to Neocheaters (government, religous authority) and cult-like references to life extending technology.

The book also promotes Ayn Rand's philosophy and makes clear the errors of Aristotle's views and other NON-Platonistic philospher's, and combines all these 'corrected' philosophies into a book that is considered 'the answer to everything'.

After reading several portions of the 1700 page unorganized manuscript, I have been inspired to do more reading of Ayn Rand and Leonard Piekoff. After getting down to the basics of Ayn Rand's Objectivism I can now see that Dr. Wallace is the MOST 'Mystic' teacher of removing "Mysticism' from yourself.

I've learned A LOT in the past month, even things that has changed my life for the better, but I'm concerned at the fact that Dr. Wallace has bastardized Ayn Rand's objectivism philosophy in order to brainwash the people that has read his material.

Has anyone else read Dr. Wallace and what did you guys take from it (if anything).

I will have to say though, without me reading "GodMan", Dr. Wallace's Neotech guide, I wouldn't of found Objectivism and Ayn Rand...I'm just concerned that other people won't see the hypocricy of Dr. Wallace.

Thoughts?

~Michael

"1700 page unorganized manuscript"!?!? Good god! That you would even take on such a monster says a lot about your curiosity. That you have already rejected it in error after just a month says a lot about your honesty.

I know nothing about Frank Wallace but I doubt that much needs to be said about him. I just wanted to congratulate you on your discoveries and to welcome you to the rational side of town. At your current rate you will probably eliminate your interest in Mr. Wallace in another week or so.

Good studies!

"1700 page unorganized manuscript"!?!? Good god! That you would even take on such a monster says a lot about your curiosity. That you have already rejected it in error after just a month says a lot about your honesty.

I know nothing about Frank Wallace but I doubt that much needs to be said about him. I just wanted to congratulate you on your discoveries and to welcome you to the rational side of town. At your current rate you will probably eliminate your interest in Mr. Wallace in another week or so.

Good studies!

Thank you very much. I'm 23 and not in college and I'm thirsting for knowledge right now.

I see philosophy as a discipline to be successful in life if employed properly and I've become more aware of the dangerous philosophies that I have encountered in my life by using objectivism, and that to me is powerful.

I'm more success oriented now, not for money, but for the simple concept of producing value to myself and others and I'm hoping Ayn Rands philosophies send me on that path.

~Michael

"Frank Wallace" founded the Neo-Tech cult, and also writes as "Dr. Higgs Field" (snort) -- his real name is Wallace Ward. He apparently did time for income tax evasion. He / it has nothing at all to do with Objectivism except, for some strange reason, the fact that he mentions Objectivism. The best hope is that it just withers up: it doesn't really appear to have many adherents.

I will have to say though, without me reading "GodMan", Dr. Wallace's Neotech guide, I wouldn't of found Objectivism and Ayn Rand...I'm just concerned that other people won't see the hypocricy of Dr. Wallace.

I also discovered Ayn Rand through Neo-Tech. I wouldn't be too harsh on Wallace and his Neo-Tech "manuscripts" and I wouldn't call Neo-Tech a cult. The Brach Dravidians were a cult. Neo-Tech is just another piece of "futurist" literature. What he is trying to do is use business dynamics (ie direct marketing) to advance the spread of reason in the culture. When he first started with Neo-Tech, it was almost a complete repackaging of Objectivism. In fact, he named his first company I&O Publishing which stands for "Individualism and Objectivism." Since then he has gotten "wierd" by including some esoteric discussions of physics, evolutionary biology and the drive for "immortality."

The reason I say to be lenient on Neo-Tech is that if you search the internet for "futurist" libertarian sites, you will come up with far more malevolent types. Often on this very forum they will act as trolls. Some examples are "Transhumanism" and "Psycho-Cybernetica." These "philosophies" usally posit some form of Matrix-like armageddon future which is inevitable as Aritificial Intelligence becomes more advanced. These sites can get really freaky. Neo-Tech is benevolent by comparison. Their goal is to end "neo-cheating" which is their freaky word for philosophical/political corruption and establish a world wide Laisez Faire culture with commercial biological immortality and basically romantic bliss forever. Which is essentially what Objectivism offers allthough without the "wierdness."

Look, many O'ists will blast Neo-Tech and mock it. I can understand. But I will always have a soft spot for them because that is where I learned of Ayn Rand and Ayn Rand has been the biggest influence in my life. I didn't read about her in high school with the Anthem contest. Chances are I would have ignored her as useless with the rest of the PC nonsense I "learned" in high school. It was when the Neo-Tech people told me that she was a great "source for collapsing neo-cheaters and buliding great wealth and happiness" that I sought her out. So, it is largely due to their efforts that I became an O'ist.

For my 2 cents, keep your "Neo-Tech / Zon Bibles" and use them as a refference. There is some good stuff in there. But dedicate your time to learning Objectivism propper by reading and studying Rand, Peikoff, Binswanger, Schwartz, Bernstein, Reisman, Salseman, etc.. Refer to this forum often also as it can point you in the right direction.

And don't throw away your Neo-Tech immortality advanced registration. You never know... :)

Thank you argive99...you've expressed the direction I'm leaning perfectly.

I try to view these concepts as tools rather than doctrines. Neo-Tech has some invaluable points of view that I subscribe too, and I wouldn't consider the Neo-Tech movement a "cult" in itself, but I believe that people like Mark Hammilton and other enthusiasts have twisted the basic concept into something more than what it is by using terminalogy I would expect to hear from someone of the likes of David Korrish. With the constant banter of Neo-Think and the Immortality of neothinkers compared to Neocheaters and how they usurp our values, it gets very redundant and almost feels as if they are trying to brainwash their students.

Thats why I said it was the most "Mystic" way to explain removing "Mysticism".

I still read several different portions of the book and take out what I feel is skillful and can be used in life.

My primary goal through these studies are understanding myself and my place within the world and how I can be successful.

And on a side note, thank you to everyone who has responded. This forum seems like an excellent medium to discuss extraordinary things in a civil way.

Respect!

~Michael

Sounds quite interesting. At the center of reason is survival, its the basic premise - to be focused upon the biological effort to enhance and prolong life cannot be a bad thing, assuming it goes hand in hand with the mental efforts required.

I shall approach Dr Wallace's work; though with due caution.