Objectivism Online Forum

Kung Fu Hustle Scene!

Rate this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZorwMyOyPOk...feature=related

Please somebody watch this and tell me what you think.

Now the whole movie Im not discussing - but as to this scene I really like somethings shown in it. The context is the town is being extorted by a gang - and well watch it all.

I like the individualism vs. collectivism

How the innocent are protected

Shows how evil is so weak

The music is perfectly timed in my opinion

How the Kung Fu heroes do the impossible basically

Overall I am emotionally moved when i see this and I cant stop watching this scene.

The movie is pretty enjoyable too.

I will put a plug in for this movie. I saw Kung Fu Hustle about a year ago and thought it was an entertaining comedy. The style of the movie was new to me, with the ridiculous fight scenes, high speed chases and out right silliness. The theme, iirc, was saving a poor town against a group of thugs. There was some cleverness to the story and there were good laughs throughout. It even had a nice little love story on the side. I hadn't given much thought to the collectivism versus individualism theme, but you could be right about that. Overall the move was not great, but I thought it was very entertaining, had a good sense of life and was worth watching.

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen Chow is great. After seeing Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle a dozen times, I went searching the internet for his other films. Not as good but still funny, and most feature the nose-picking bearded lady - always a plus! There are a lot of subtle themes in Kung Fu Hustle that you have to see a few times to pick up on.

NOTE: If you're going to watch Shaolin Soccer, do NOT watch the Miramax version. They cut out a lot, and put in garbage songs, like "Kung Fu Fighting" at the end.