Objectivism Online Forum

GW religion identified as religion in major paper

Rate this topic

John McVey

Global Warmenistas are increasingly being called out, in print, in major publications. Miranda Devine of the Sydney Morning Herald is not a nobody, and here is what she penned recently. It includes comments from Vaclav Klaus, a growing favourite among Objectivists, and also Ian Plimer, an Adelaide scientist whom I have mentioned here before and sent a thankful email to. Miranda notes of him:

One of Australia's leading enviro-sceptics, the geologist and University of Adelaide professor Ian Plimer, 62, says he has noticed audiences becoming more receptive to his message that climate change has always occurred and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

This is heartening news.

Plimer says creationists and climate alarmists are quite similar in that "we're dealing with dogma and people who, when challenged, become quite vicious and irrational".

Go, mate, go!!

I also love her closing words:

Carter, like Plimer and Klaus, has come in for his fair share of vilification. But as Clarke proves, you can't stop people thinking. Yet.

With more people like Klaus, Plimer, and Devine calling a spade a spade and questioning prevailing smelly orthodoxies, people will continue to think for themselves for a long time to come.

JJM

This recent article shows just how easy it is to make a major mistake with the data used to substantiate MMGW:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...1/16/do1610.xml

Given the history or errors with this kind of data, it's nice to hear that there are still some people who don't think MMGW is beyond discussion or critical analysis.

It is odd though the way this sort of story gets very little play in the major media.

Looks like the GW faithful gathering in Poland are all abuzz about the expected arrival to power of the Sainted, Cardinal Obama.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

"In Poznan there will be a buzz - we can call it the American buzz," said Jake Schmidt, of the Natural Resources Defense Council. "The U.S. is back in the conversation, and back with a leader that gets it."

Amen.

I didn't want to open a new topic for this one link, so I'll just post it here. Jeremy Clarkson, the host of "Top Gear"(a British TV show), was told that GW is melting the ice caps, so it's becoming impossible to travel to the North Pole because of the thinning ice.

His answer? He drove a 3 ton pickup truck to the North Pole:

Top Gear: Polar Special

I found the show very entertaining. ( Apparently you are still allowed to drink and drive for instance, if you're off-road, heading for the Pole. It's the greatest visual ever-someone with a gin and tonic in hand, while driving to a place that was impossible to reach a few centuries ago)

I have just finished watching Top Gear - Polar Special on the link Jake was so kind to provide (thank you!).

It was entertaining, hilarious, and I loved the last line uttered by one of the men "The Inconvenient Truth is, we haven't appeared to scratch the surface." I laughed out loud literally 5 times at least.

I will definitely seek out more of this show. :)

Oh and by the way, for those who haven't seen on this thread, http://environmentalism.com/ is an anti-environmentalist website started and run by an Objectivist. On the About Me section, it reads

The author of this website is an Objectivist - an adherent of the rational philosophy of Ayn Rand. For more details, he refers you to her books directly as well as to the Ayn Rand Institute website.

While many anti-environmentalist websites are Christian oriented, please note that this one is not. Objectivism is explicitly non-religious, and the author is an explicit atheist.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...