Objectivism Online Forum

Freedom Force International

Rate this topic

Chris.S

I was directed to the Freedom Force International website from watching a set of YouTube videos that KevinDW78 linked in another thread. They're pro-Individualism, and contrast the politics of Individualism vs Collectivism, and are quite good.

However, when I went to the FFI website, the group seems like a metaphysical and epistemological melting pot. The creator of the group, G. Edward Griffin, actually believes in Intelligent Design and God, although he does concede that religion should be kept out of government (seemingly because not everyone has the same religion or believes in gods, and forcing belief on people isn't "Christian". I couldn't read the entire FAQ about that point - much, much too long). The website also equates proper testable science with social whims, religious dogma and Hitlerian genocide.

In the field of physics and medicine, much of what was accepted as scientific truth a few decades ago is now discarded. One man’s science is another man’s myth. In terms of human values, science is indefinable.

Quoted from this page.

The whole organization just seems like a melting pot of political individualism without a stable metaphysical and epistemological base. Has anyone seen or heard anything else about this organization, and if my opinion is misplaced?