Objectivism Online Forum

Congress At Work

Rate this topic

THE TUPAC SHAKUR RECORDS COLLECTION ACT

A bill modeled on the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act would require the U.S. National Archives to establish a "Tupac Amaru Shakur Records Collection."

The bill, introduced by Rep. Cynthia McKinney, is based on the premise that "all Government records related to the life and death of Tupac Amaru Shakur should be preserved for historical and governmental purposes."

Tupac Shakur "was a highly influential, best-selling American hip hop artist, considered by many to be one of the greatest and most legendary rappers of all time," according to an entry in Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia. He was killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in 1996.

Rep. McKinney's bill, which has no co-sponsors and no identifiable support, is unlikely to become law.

A copy of the "Tupac Amaru Shakur Records Collection Act of 2005," H.R. 4210, introduced November 2, 2005, is posted here HERE.

(Source: Federation of American Scientists newsletter 11-14-05; Italics mine.)

It's nice to know that - with all the chaos in our Intelligence community, the constant exposing of corruption in the Executive Branch, and the abundant failure of the Federal government to provide the same kind of attention for American victims of national disaster as they do for leeching foreign countries - someone's taking some time do do something right and noble.

There can be no greater threat to the survival of the United States, nay the world and it's children, should we forget the great and legendary Tupac ...

Not to completely rip off the bit, but to quote Jon Stewart: "... yep, 95% incumbency ..."

Meandering thought: There ought to be a segment on every local news station every night ... "Here's what your local Congressmen did in Washington today ..." I wonder how many of these people would get re-elected if people could see these daily time-and-money-wasters.

• 1 month later...
Meandering thought: There ought to be a segment on every local news station every night ... "Here's what your local Congressmen did in Washington today ..." I wonder how many of these people would get re-elected if people could see these daily time-and-money-wasters.

There'd be plenty with which to fill that segment. (Which, incidentally, reminds me somewhat of Boortz's "Government Outrage of the Day.") A quick glance through any volume of the Congressional Record or a few minutes watching C-Span and you're likely to see some Congressman praising the tuna industry, some middle school soccer team, or the next guy after whom he wants to name a Post Office.

Regarding your inquiry, my guess is that wouldn't change much of anything, at least not in the near future.