Objectivism Online Forum

Some Tactics

Rate this topic

There is one thing that offers hope. The 'crats want to hold hearings and investigations of the Bush Administration. We ought go along with and encourage this

1) We owe the Bushies and the Country Club Republicans nothing. They managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and they had no loyalty to principles so they get what they deserve. It will also be a good way to purghe the deadwood out of teh party.

2) It will keep the Democrats busy. Like a school of sharks, once they smell blood. they'll go into a feeding frenzy and be to tied up to do any real damage.

3) With the store not being minded, some international crises will occurr. Use the Emmanuel Principle: Never let a crisis go to waste.

4) Come the next cycle, we can tar the Dems with the same label that they, with our help, tarred the Bushies/Country Club Republicans; and they are well on their way to earing that label so it won't be hard. Tired and dazed, hey won't know what hit them.

When you can't stop a train, Jump on it and ride.

The nice thing about not having reached the Ayn Randian Utopia is that I can still use some of my Macciavellian instincts and dirty tricks with moral impunity. Besides, it's for a good cause.

The nice thing about not having reached the Ayn Randian Utopia is that I can still use some of my Macciavellian instincts and dirty tricks with moral impunity. Besides, it's for a good cause.

"When men abandon principles (i.e., their conceptual faculty), two of the major results are: individually, the inability to project the future; socially, the impossibility of communication." - Ayn Rand

What makes you think that the things the Democrats will be attacking the Bush administration over are the things they *deserve* to be attacked over?

Even a blind sow can occasuioally find mash

Beyond that, I'm not interested in that, The Bush administration is gone so the 'crats's will be chasing a dead wild goose. I'm just interested in keeping them busy and distracted so thay can't do more harm in the present as well as not see the mailed fist that is, or should be, headed their way (although , with the Republican'ts, it's usually the velvet fist in the mailed glove. Rollerball is not their game). It's called "diversionary tactics"

Edited by Space Patroller

yeah it seems to me as if all this accomplishes absolutely nothing morally or politically. so what is your point exactly? to further the bipartisanship that rocks our country back and forth like a boat in a storm?

I said it was a tactic. I didn't say it was the war. Specifically, I said it was a diversionary tactic and it was to set them up for a fall. A scenario: As prices soar and the Dems are seen to be busy chasing ghosts, what then?

The goal of a war is to win. The ethics is to do what it takes. Operationally you can have several things going at once and you take advantage of the terrain.

As far as the morality goes. If the agressor is immoral, then morality is off the table.

There is one moral stipulation. Since it often involves deception. that decption is to be aimed at the othe side, not the voters.