Objectivism Online Forum

A new 889 lbs. baby!

Rate this topic

After four years and 42K miles on my first Harley (an '06 Electraglide Ultra Classic), I decided to upgrade to the newer model Ultra Classic. The build and the ride are largely the same as my previous bike, but with a little more umph (larger engine), a little better mpg (a 6th gear), and the addition of ABS brakes. A wider rear tire adds some stability as well. Based on the short mileage I've put on it so far, about 150 miles, I'd have to say I'm pleased with the differences.

Instead of the basic black I've normally gone with in the past, this one is two tone, Merlot Sunglo / Black. The Merlot Sunglo is interesting in that it looks like a flat dark burgundy when not in direct sunlight, but once the sun hits it it brings out some nice goldish metallic flakes to really give the color some pop.

59494_431147176747_592326747_5130954_6283000_n.jpg

I'm not cruiser man, but I have to say she's a looker.

Thanks! I'm like to distance riding and I like to carry stuff with me sometimes so a touring bike is a natural choice for me. The ride has to suit the purpose.

I like the saying, "The ride IS the destination."

Sorry to hear about your accident.

I'm guessing it's the larger tires, but this bike feels a lot more "connected" to the ground - very solid and stable (compared to my '06 Ultra) without feeling too sluggish in the turns. I hardly even notice going over metal bridge grating now. I have decided to put a stage 1 air cleaner on it so that I get a little more air and a little more zip accelerating.

I am a hooligan rider at heart and am not sure how I would fare on big ole' beast like yours! I can bet ya when the missus wants to stop two upping on the back of a little Triumph triple I will be pm'ing you about you experience on the bike. I kinda enjoy those long rides where you feek every little bump and rut in the road. Then again I teach Krav Maga, sooooo maybe there is a little masochist in me!! All in all you are going to have the time of your life on her, cheers!