Objectivism Online Forum

T-shirt Campaign To Wake Up America

Rate this topic

Premise: America is being defeated in war by militant Islam and is in danger of being overrun because of its self-sacrificial morality of altruism.

If you are in agreement with the premise, then you probably feel as I do:

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

Otherwise, it is only a matter of time before we perish at the hands of our enemy. In my estimation, militant Islam is the worst enemy that civilization has ever faced. Our enemy wants to wipe all nonbelievers off the face of the Earth. They are not angry at one particular race, group, or ideology. They want to exterminate EVERYBODY!

And they are in the process of doing exactly that.

Our pitiful, ignorant, weak-bellied, altruism-riddled resistance is no match for their hardcore, principled, evil resolve and fury. Because of this, we are losing the war. Our leaders have no clue what they are doing. They can't even properly identify and name the enemy.

I am seriously concerned for my future survival. From this day forward, I am conducting a T-shirt Campaign To Wake Up America. I'm going to make a conscious effort to regularly wear plain white T-shirts with political and moral slogans on them, handwritten in black marker. The slogans will: 1) attack altruism, endorse rational self-interest/egoism 2) attack militant Islam, endorse Objectivism and Ayn Rand 3) call for the declaration of war on Saudi Arabia and Iran 4) call for the nuclear destruction of Tehran, as a start to winning the war.

I welcome any fellow activists to join me in this campaign. And if you have any ideas on how to improve this campaign, or if you have other ideas for helping to wake up America, I want to know them. If enough people think this is a good idea, maybe we can get together and form some kind of demonstration somewhere.

Ideas for T-shirt slogans:

1. ALTRUISM IS DEATH / EGOISM IS LIFE

2. ALTRUISM IS TERROR / EGOISM IS FREEDOM

3. MILITANT ISLAM IS OUR ENEMY / DESTROY IRAN

4. DESTROY MILITANT ISLAM / BOMB SAUDI ARABIA

5. GOT AYN RAND?

6. READ AYN RAND

7. OBJECTIVISM / PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE

8. OBJECTIVIST / ANTI-MILITANT ISLAMIST

Why don't you make an online store at CafePress? I have had luck selling campus club shirts to people all over America. Their website is at http://www.cafepress.com/

If you're interested, I can help with the graphic design aspect.

Btw, you can buy some of the t-shirts I designed here:

http://www.cafeshops.com/rational

11228886_F_tn.jpg11229088_F_tn.jpg

Great idea MisterSwig! Thanks for pointing me (us) to this web site GC. I have created a store front, but I haven't added products yet. I will be thinking of some logos / graphic designs over the next couple days.

VES

I made a couple of designs for shirts for my campus club as well, and have managed to sell a few even though I'm not much of a graphic designer. I have one of each of the below myself, and they turned out not half bad.

9217314_F_tn.jpg9216996_F_tn.jpg

The back of the first has Galt's oath on it, and the back of the second has a quote from Francisco's speech about the meaning of money.

Our store: http://www.cafeshops.com/uofu_oc

The prices of our shirts are marked up a couple bucks, and the profits go to our club funds.

• 3 weeks later...

GreedyCapitalist,

this is a great idea!

You offered design help - I'm asking!!!

How do you get that text so nice? What point size? What software? etc?

I used PowerPoint to create text, saved as a .png, then cropped the image, and uploaded it. Is this similar to what you did?

thanks for any help!

-Michael

I use Photoshop and the GIMP for my image editing. The images are around 2000x1000 px. My favorites fonts are Apple Garamond, Arial and Arial Black. The images are saved at 50% size in the GIF format for uploads. I use drop shadows on some of the text borders for effect.

One important thing with CafePress is to crop the images as close to the edge as possible, and dimension the image for whatever you will be placing it on.

I always thought that "Martyrdom eats it" would be a good t-shirt slogan.

:D

That reminds me of Capitalism Forever's signature quote: "If you think pride is a sin, you really ought to be ashamed of yourself!" I always get a kick out of that--it's really witty!

This is my idea...

On the front it has a photoshoped image of the Grand Ayatollah of Iran in the foreground with a picture of Tehran in the back round and at the top of a picture is a US Bomber Droping Bombs. Then on the back of the shirt it says "Invade Iran" and below that it says "Mercy to the Guilty is Treason to the Innocent".

This seems to be the thread for CafePress stores, so I'll make use of it.

10340993_F_tn.jpg

See http://www.cafeshops.com/sjcoc for the storefront of the St. John's College Objectivist Club, set up in the hope that some profits might help support our activities. The back of the shirt reads, "We who are not about to die..." since Ayn Rand used it to express the attitude of New Intellectuals.

For a larger view of the shirt's front and back, see http://www.cafeshops.com/sjcoc.10340993?zoom=yes#zoom . The value-priced version of the shirt includes only the front.