Objectivism Online Forum

Professor DarkWaters

Rate this topic

DarkWaters

Hello!

I am pleased to announce that I have accepted a tenure-track assistant professorship for the fall of 2008! :) Now, I just need to finish and defend my dissertation. I want to schedule my defense for the summer.

Although I do not wish to disclose where I will be going on a publically viewable post, I will be happy to share this information with friends via private messaging.

Edited by DarkWaters

Thank you all for your congratulations!

We can probably figure out where you're going; all we need to do is look at all of recent hires starting in fall, and correlate that with people moving from Atlanta. Thank heavens for the interwebs.

:) You will need to do more than this! There are lots of others fresh PhDs at my university who will be beginning academic positions in the fall.

Needless to say, the internet rules in stalking people though. I found out most of my competition for other positions by just checking the list of faculty candidate seminars at the academic departments where I had an on-campus interview.

Thank you for your congratulations, Thales. My assistant professorship will be in mathematics.

Hey, that's awesome! Love math! What a powerful tool for a career in just about anything. Ever read a book titled Journey Through Genius? by William Dunham? If not, I highly recommend it!