Objectivism Online Forum

Atlas Shrugged #18 on Amazon!

Rate this topic

brian0918

Do you really have to ask? Could it be a result of the Obamanomics we are enduring right now? B)

Maybe, but all the previous surges were due to specific mentions. This is the greatest surge of all, and doesn't seem to be due to any one mention.

He was on Rush Limbaugh today discussing his book. Typical mixed-bag, like Limbaugh or Beck, if you ask me. I have not, and do not plan to, read the book.

Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" is #23!

Yes, it's interesting that these books are all floating way near the top of the list. If you look at the "Customers who bought this also bought..." for Atlas Shrugged, you'll see Paine's work and The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes both in the list, and they're both high up on the bestseller list right now. So people are going to the AS page, most likely, and buy it in addition to the other recommended reading on that page. This shows more than just a passing interest in the book - people want to know more and actually understand.

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #41,279 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

Popular in these categories:

#16 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Authors, A-Z > ( R ) > Rand, Ayn

#19 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States > Rand, Ayn

I don't know which version you looked at but one version is currently at #24 in Books!

The fact there are different versions might suggest that there are even more people buying it than the rank 24 would make us think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/045201187...ASIN=0452011876

I don't know which version you looked at but one version is currently at #24 in Books!

The fact there are different versions might suggest that there are even more people buying it than the rank 24 would make us think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/045201187...ASIN=0452011876

I believe I used the 35th anniversary paperback edition because it gave more favorable stats.

You are correct that amazon's numbers seem to be for each edition, and if taken in aggregate would improve the percentages.

Then what about foreign language editions...? I'd be curious about the percentages for say, Russia, China, and especially India.

I believe I used the 35th anniversary paperback edition because it gave more favorable stats.

You are correct that amazon's numbers seem to be for each edition, and if taken in aggregate would improve the percentages.

Then what about foreign language editions...? I'd be curious about the percentages for say, Russia, China, and especially India.

Is there a Chinese or Russian edition? I would think those are forbidden by the authorities, there might be some on the black market. Impossible to get numbers, isn't it?

Here in Germany (amazon.de) says Atlas shrugged is 247 in English books, the German edition only available as used books.