Objectivism Online Forum

Congratulations Scott

Rate this topic

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for the kind words as they are greatly appreciated. Danyel got all doe eyed and said how nice everyone is.

As I remarked in my post when I signed off I really do enjoy everyone's conversations and comments. Especially those that keep me on my toes and checking my context. I've still got our wedding site up (see link below) but we are trying to get the pictures of our wedding itself up. That is when the photographer gets us the pictures. Anyone who has been married I think has experienced the same thing with their photographer it seems.

Funny thing, I took the audiobook of Atlas Shrugged to listen on the plane and Danni remarked she couldn't get away from her. We visited a gallery with some totally crap (isn't it all?) modern art but also some amazing work by Tom Everheart. For those not familiar he had the same type of cancer Charles Shultz did but lived. His artwork, simple images of Snoopy have such a sadness to them it's amazing. You can see how his health and his sense of life progressed in his art as he healed. The gallery rep remarked that Everheart demands his paintings be framed with a certain type of wood. 3/4 of the paintings didn't have the said frames and she mentioned that when he visits the gallery, they have to reframe everyting to his standards.

I jokingly said "I guess if he finds you violated his wishes he'll go all Fountainhead on you?" She looked at me and straight out remarked "Who Is John Galt?" Danni said "you people are everywhere aren't you?" We both smiled and said yes we are.

• 1 month later...