Objectivism Online Forum

OCON 2006

Rate this topic

Dominique

I won't be attending, but then, I'm not a female either. :lol:;)

:P I'm interested to know all that are going to be there, but especially girls because the rooms are expensive and it'd be nice to split with somebody. The cost is almost prohibitive, but lucky I don't need to fly there.

:D

You gonna walk there from FL? :P

Hahaha jokes on you-I'm back in DC-that's why I haven't been on much-too busy cavorting about the US :)

I might be there. Total travel from Las Vegas and registration is going to be a big chunk however.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with those flight costs at the moment, but I know the hotel where the conference is is going to be very expensive also. I'm looking into local cheap hotels or trying to split costs somehow. Otherwise I really just can't afford it.

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere and I missed it- but who plans on attending?? Any females wanna be roomies?

(Added: Link to OCON - sNerd)

I'm glad to see you back Sarah. :P I am probably going to try and attend this year since it isn't out of the Left Coast this time. Hope to see you there! :)

Ah, that explains it. ;) Good to hear back from you anyway, and I hope you'll make it to the conference. :)
Its good to see you too and thank you :D

I'm glad to see you back Sarah. B) I am probably going to try and attend this year since it isn't out of the Left Coast this time. Hope to see you there! :)

Good to see you too Eric! I'll keep an eye out for you :D

I might be in the area. [i am taking the bar in MA on July 26 and 27. I will be out there some time prior to the bar, but I am not sure how much prior.]

I might attend one event. I am leaning towards the cruise.

Any females wanna be roomies?

[i guess emoticons are required in this thread. B) ]

I might be in the area. [i am taking the bar in MA on July 26 and 27. I will be out there some time prior to the bar, but I am not sure how much prior.]
Congratulations! :smartass:
I might attend one event. I am leaning towards the cruise.
The July 4th one? That's the only event I'm going to besides the general admission seminars. That's the most I can afford and that's even pushing it. Couldn't miss the cruise though
[i guess emoticons are required in this thread. :thumbsup: ]

It is a bit absurd isn't it :rolleyes: Sorry 'bout that-I'm an emoticon junkie. I just love those little guys. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
I might be in the area.

I can now say that, while not a certainty, there is a strong likelihood that I will be in the Boston area while OCon is going on. I probably won't be at OCon itself, but if anybody wants to get together during that time for some beer, coffee, or Nicaraguan folk songs, send me a PM. And make your reservations fast! I have many admirers, and there's only so much Groove to go around. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
. . . but I know the hotel where the conference is is going to be very expensive also. I'm looking into local cheap hotels . . .

Dominique, you should look into hotels outside the city and taking the T or commuter rail in. For example, I found a Motel 6 in Braintree that's less than a mile (driving distance--it could be less by foot) from a commuter rail station. I ran the numbers on their website for arriving on June 29 (day before the conference) and leaving July 8 (the day after), and it would be $72.19/night plus tax. I don't think you can get a janitor closet at the Seaport for that. :confused:

Oh yeah, I now know for certain that I will be in the area during OCon. So anybody who wants to can PM me if they want to hang.

• 2 weeks later...

Braintree huh? Its not a bad commute if you get on the T. But the driving is a bitch.

If you are planning on driving at all near rush-hour (7-9am or 4-6pm) just forget it. The 8 mile trip can take upwards of 2 hours.

Stay on the T if you can or on a commuter rail route that passes through south station. It's a pain to have to switch trains at north station.

I know there is a hotel next to the Alewife station that is advertising 89/night. Its a small motel but it could work.

Its odd. I live in boston and I am still staying at the hotel.

Congratulations! :smartass: The July 4th one? That's the only event I'm going to besides the general admission seminars. That's the most I can afford and that's even pushing it. Couldn't miss the cruise though

It is a bit absurd isn't it :D Sorry 'bout that-I'm an emoticon junkie. I just love those little guys. :wub:

I am not planning on going on the cruise. I figured it would be nicer to go with a smaller crowd, but perhaps not.

Anyway.... About events. COME DANCING!!!

I know you all like to swing/ ballroom dance so come out dancing.

I started a new thread on dancing at OCON, so post there :)

... I'll be there for the 2008 conference where ever it is
An FYI... next year's (2007) conference is special. Since 2007 is the 50th anniversary of Atlas Shrugged's publication, the conference is being held near "Galt's Gulch" (really :D ). I've also heard that Dr. Peikoff may give a few lectures in 2007.