Objectivism Online Forum

Hello world!

Rate this topic

I am a new member in this forum, so I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Justas, I am 16 years old and I live in Klaipeda, Lithuania. My interests include computer sciensce, physics, maths, sociology and even practical hypnosis. My main hobby is writing a book. I have done 36 pages so far and it is about a smart teenager in a huge conflict with modern society, because he is too young to not understand what is right and what is wrong and most of all - why his parents tought him not to do things they do themselves and other things I find difficult or bad in the society I live in.

The only things I created what are in the internet are three Youtube videos: 'Introduction to Vytautas Didysis Gymnasium; and 'How to be evil douche from hell', parts 1 and 2. In those videos, I appear to be a complete psycho. Sometimes, I wander if that's true or not myself.

I learned about Objectivism just recently, but knew about the idea for a pretty long time, because I am a fan of Rush and many of their songs have Objectivistic focus, especially 'Anthem' and '2112'.

By the way, sorry for my grammar - English is my second language.

Welcome to the forum Justas. Given that you're writing a book on morality, I think you'll find it helpful to learn as much as you can about Objectivist ethics. It's based in reality, and will likely challenge a great deal of the conventional wisdom that you've been taught thus far.

Given that you're writing a book on morality

I wouldn't say that it is about morality. I began writing it just to entertain myself and learn how to write in a better style, but right now I am beginning to feel that a book like that is important to exist. I am writing it like a diary and but a lot of my personal life in it and analyse my daily events by my own logic. People who read what I have written(especially teenagers) reviewed it as a clear mirror of their own lives and as their own problems, and since nothing concerns people more than themselves, the book should appear interesting once it is finished. Maybe one day I will translate it to English in order for English speakers to read it.

• 2 weeks later...

I offer you a much belated welcome :smartass:.

I am writing a quartet myself, so Im always keen to hear of the works of author Objectivist writers. The world needs lots and lots more, so lets hope you get this thing out.

Hehee on another note, I spend too much time learning new programming languages. This topic title reminded me of programming. Free cookies to anyone that gets the reference :smartass:

I offer you a much belated welcome :D.

I am writing a quartet myself, so Im always keen to hear of the works of author Objectivist writers. The world needs lots and lots more, so lets hope you get this thing out.

Hehee on another note, I spend too much time learning new programming languages. This topic title reminded me of programming. Free cookies to anyone that gets the reference :P

I formatted my book, so now it's 86 finished pages and I am into finishing it.

I am not much of a programmer( I know only Pascal for this moment), but I intendet to refer my topic to programming. i often do that., but that's out of topic already ;)

• 2 months later...

It is sad that not many people knows anything about Ayn Rand in Lithuania. So I'm still waiting for my copy of 'Atlas Shrugged', because I don't want to read an illegal copy like I had to do with 'The Fountainhead', although I really enjoyed the book.

I will do my homereading task about 'The Fountainhead' for my English homework.

So I'm still waiting for my copy of 'Atlas Shrugged', because I don't want to read an illegal copy like I had to do with 'The Fountainhead'

Here's a friendly hint: Posting that you've done something illegal on a public forum with your picture next to it is not always a very good idea. :)

Here's a friendly hint: Posting that you've done something illegal on a public forum with your picture next to it is not always a very good idea. :)

But I feel bad about it, althought that was probably the only way to read that book. And who could sue me? I am not a citizen of USA and attempting to catch me would be just too expensive. But still, I should be more careful since I see what your government does with your tax payers' money. :)