Objectivism Online Forum

The Coffee Party

Rate this topic

In an effort to take advantage of the Tea Party's popularity, The Coffee Party was formed.

Advertised as a community to pacify people, the members of this group verbally attack people who don't agree with them, demand people to blindly support Obama, and demand people to satisfy THEIR positions in order to agree on something.

They think we live in a Democracy

They are essentially liberals who are displeased with what Obama has been unable to do (as opposed to the Tea Party, who opposes what Obama has already done)

"Coffee Party" is stupid, and really, a dissapointment. I like Coffee. I wish they wouldn't taint Coffee by associating themselves with it.

In an effort to take advantage of the Tea Party's popularity, The Coffee Party was formed.

apparently the average attendence was fewer than 20 people, some events having less than five people. yet the official website proclaims it a "huge success"... I guess that depends on your standards of success.

I dislike these people quite intensely... as I Brit, I find it rather frustrating arguing online with Americans who lack even a rudimentary knowledge of their own political system.

Advertised as a community to pacify people, the members of this group verbally attack people who don't agree with them, demand people to blindly support Obama, and demand people to satisfy THEIR positions in order to agree on something.

They are essentially liberals who are displeased with what Obama has been unable to do (as opposed to the Tea Party, who opposes what Obama has already done)

"Coffee Party" is stupid, and really, a dissapointment. I like Coffee. I wish they wouldn't taint Coffee by associating themselves with it.

The 'coffee' they are serving up is so 'weak', who is going to want to drink it?

They should probably start up something like the "Kool-Aid party". They're all drinking it.

But wait, doesn't Kool-Aid have high fructose corn syrup?

High doses of Progressive Democrat politics is even more harmful than high fructose corn syrup.

Just in case anyone didn't know already, the Coffee Party founder Annabel Park is an Obama campaign operative, she worked for Obama for America (which became Organizing for America) and she ran Obama's Official YT channel "United for Obama."

So when the Coffee Party website says...

“No lobbyists here. No pundits. And no hyper-partisan strategists calling the shots in this movement. We are a spontaneous and collective expression of our desire to forge a culture of civic engagement that is solution-oriented, not blame-oriented.”

"Coffee Party USA is made up of people acting independently of political parties, of corporations, and of political lobbying networks. To this point, all products created and hours logged for Coffee Party have been carried out in the spirit of volunteerism. In the coming months and years, we hope to transform our disappointment in our current political system into a force that will return our nation to a course of popular governance, of the People by the People for the People."

...you know that it's a lie, and this is a part of the Obama perpetual campaign, and any media outlet that tells you otherwise is a shill for the Obama campaign too.

“The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.”

"We demand a government that responds to the needs of the majority of its citizens as expressed by our votes and by our voices."

And another thing, just watching CNN for 5 minutes is hilarious, this was supposed to be "National Coffee Party Day" (stop laughing) so they are running interviews with Park and talking about "The Coffee Party Response!" throwing her softball questions and brushing off the fact that she worked for Obama "but now she's non-partisan!" After they were criticized for Susan Rosgen's interview with those Tea Party people and not covering it, now they're saying "we're covering it now," "the real grassroots movement," "new grassroots movement wants to just stop all the partisan bickering," "everybody agrees we have a broken government," "the people are fed up," "why can't we stop arguing and come together? Here's the Coffee Party to tell us how," see we're covering both sides now, we're just being objective! Thanks CNN for giving me my "two minutes hate" just like in "1984."

Edited by 2046

I had the exact same thought when I learned of their existence.

Beverage affinity aside, these people are absolutely pathetic. Democrats at this point are just evading reality on a massive scale.

I think they were going for 'latte party'. I think latte's are fine, but the traditional weeny liberal latte drinker association is the idea. I'm not being ironic! They probably don't think of themselves as weenies, but I think the liberal/latte association has to do with their group.

So, 'real' coffee is safe!

And, you have to at least sympathize with them if you have ever watched Glenn Beck. Triple sigh.

Coffee is for drinking, tea is perfectly fine for dumping into harbors and other assorted waterways in large quantities.

It is sad and disgusting how CNN is attempting to hype the Coffee Party. The woman leading the meeting in the video was so obviously an Obama campaigner it was laughable. I fully expected her to be wearing an ACORN or SEIU t-shirt. When the first, and most belabored, point written on the memo board is "Support the President," any claims of "grassroots" are out the window.

This sorry bunch of people looked bored and lost. There clearly wasn't a large enough group to make them feel like part of a collective.

Given that the Coffee Party is assembled on the basis of irrational ideas, we can expect that the more consistently irrational people who join this thing will run it. This will degrade into gangs of leftist "activists" who will be willing to escalate to violence. Obama may get his "civilian security force" after all.

Edited for clarity

Edited by flatlander

I think they were going for 'latte party'. I think latte's are fine, but the traditional weeny liberal latte drinker association is the idea. I'm not being ironic! They probably don't think of themselves as weenies, but I think the liberal/latte association has to do with their group.

So, 'real' coffee is safe!

And, you have to at least sympathize with them if you have ever watched Glenn Beck. Triple sigh.

I couldn't agree more.

I actually find it easier to have an agreeable conversation with Liberals than conservatives. Their ideas don't seem to come from a deep-seeded anti-human religion as much as the right's ideas do. They're just stubborn, misguided.... well, weenies. Most of the time it's like talking to a two year old that want's his juicy-juice and wants it NOW, the twist being he doesn't acknowledge he can get it himself without a tax payer funded "mother". The word 'brat' comes to mind.

I can't quite tell which camp I despise more... It can be reduced to Keith Olbermann and Glenn Beck because they both pretty well sum up the mentality of the modern liberal and conservative.

We should save the good name of Coffee and coffee-related products before it's too late

Objectivists should start our very own Espresso Party. We should advertise ourselves as a better alternative to the Tea Party: Our objective is not to mitigate big government, but to establish a goal: Separation of Economy and State.

Plus, we don't have to associate ourselves with lattes.

We should save the good name of Coffee and coffee-related products before it's too late

Objectivists should start our very own Espresso Party. We should advertise ourselves as a better alternative to the Tea Party: Our objective is not to mitigate big government, but to establish a goal: Separation of Economy and State.

Plus, we don't have to associate ourselves with lattes.

Whatever the name, drink related or not. I think setting up a party with such a goal is a great idea.

Whatever the name, drink related or not. I think setting up a party with such a goal is a great idea.

Why? How could these groups promote cultural change?

What ends are these silly little beverage party's trying to achieve? If you answered political change, you are correct, and political change is not sufficient at this point to ensure the development of individual freedom. Stopping healthcare is not going to be the end of the debate. It is going to keep coming back until we are able to educate generations about WHY it is immoral and anti-individual.