Objectivism Online Forum

Sending Children to Private School is Evil

Rate this topic

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/08/private_school_vs_public_school_only_bad_people_send_their_kids_to_private.html

"You are a bad person if you send your children to private school. Not bad like murderer bad—but bad like ruining-one-of-our-nation’s-most-essential-institutions-in-order-to-get-what’s-best-for-your-kid bad. So, pretty bad."

Straight out of Atlas Shrugged. A true testament to the insanity and hatred of the modern left.

[Edited to cut article text -- JASKN]

Edited by JASKN

Straight out of Atlas Shrugged. A true testament to the insanity and hatred of the modern left.

I'm not a moderator, but one is bound to come along and tell you that you shouldn't copy/paste an entire article in full like this. I was reading it thinking that (maybe) you were expressing your own view, and was probably going to let you have it until I saw the last line, which I now see is your commentary on this crap piece.

Anyway, here's a great lecture by George Smith that I think you'll find to be a real eye-opener.

Hopefully no one will feel the need to comment on the wardrobe. Yeah, wtf.

"your children and grandchildren might get mediocre education, but it will be worth it, for the eventual common good."

"you want what's best for your child, but your child doesn't need it. . . She may not learn as much or be as challenged, but take a deep breath and LIVE WITH THAT." [obnoxious caps mine]

"Im saying that i survived it, and so will your child, who must endure having no AP calculus so that in 25 years there will be AP calculus for all."

[final few paragraphs]

I reiterate: the twisted little creature which defecated that article is not human.

"your children and grandchildren might get mediocre education, but it will be worth it, for the eventual common good."

"you want what's best for your child, but your child doesn't need it. . . She may not learn as much or be as challenged, but take a deep breath and LIVE WITH THAT." [obnoxious caps mine]

"Im saying that i survived it, and so will your child, who must endure having no AP calculus so that in 25 years there will be AP calculus for all."

[final few paragraphs]

I reiterate: the twisted little creature which defecated that article is not human.

I love it when someone gets riled up like this... 

These issues are real, they are morally important... 

Rand was of the view (and I may be paraphrasing) "think first and then you shall feel".

HD you've done your thinking... and yeah you get it..    your lightning calculators are working!   :)

Edited by StrictlyLogical

"Reading Walt Whitman in ninth grade changed the way you see the world? Well, getting drunk before basketball games with kids who lived at the trailer park near my house did the same for me. In fact it’s part of the reason I feel so strongly about public schools."

:blink:

Thank you, strictly logical. :-)

For the record Im probably sending my kid to public school, but that's trivial; i intend to give him most of his education at home, in my spare time.

I just find the bald demand to sacrifice his mind to the common good, frankly, nauseating.