Objectivism Online Forum

2020 election

Rate this topic

merjet

So still no support given by you for your claims that I mentioned.

4 hours ago, tadmjones said:

How can you claim the article(s?) that stipulate that ERIC reporting/output/data was responsible for accurate voter roll maintenance of various states is/are true?

I didn't make that claim. However, the article mentions at least two Republican led states that used ERIC data to detect many thousands of incorrect registrations. You think that because the Heritage Foundation cites lack of IT auditing that those Republican state governments didn't really find those incorrect registrations? And that is your basis for your claim that only a few dozen incorrect registrations have been found? 

You claim: ERIC represents its goal as cleaning voter rolls.

ERIC explicitly says that its goals include increasing registrations.

* You claim: The media colluded with the Biden campaign.

Unsubstantiated. Note that being biased in favor of a campaign is not colluding. If it were, then we wouldn't even need an investigation to know that Russia colluded with the Trump campaign.

* You claim: The top founders of ERIC are leftist activists. 

Unsubstantiated. The word 'the' indicates 'all' in that context.

* You linked: The article features a video. 

But the video shows ERIC in a good light, not bad.

* You claim: There were only a few dozen removed registrations. 

But, according to The Tampa Bay Times, Republican states have themselves said that ERIC data was used to remove many thousands of registrations.

* You claim: The number of incorrect registrations has grown.

Unsubstantiated.

* You claim ERIC has committed fraud by printing millions of ballots and mailing them to inelgible voters.

Your basis? (And I suggest sources much more credible than The Gateway Pundit. Unless PoliticFact is engaging in massive falsifying, The Gateway Pundit is a cesspool of lies).

Edited by InfraBeat

On 6/13/2023 at 10:21 PM, InfraBeat said:

Are you claiming that news companies were in contact with the campaign to coordinate on behalf of the campaign? That the new companies and the campaign had oral or written conversations in which they shared information, strategies and plans?

I doubt they would provide documentation, but there was more than just bias or expressing a leaning toward.

How else to explain the hyperbolic and false continuous reporting on the plague other than as pretense for a new voting scheme, the first and god forbid only time 69% of total votes were tabulated through 'non traditional' methods. Allowing Biden to claim repeatedly on air that his main reason for running was because of the 'Charlottesville' pro nazi speech by Trump , which was a total fabrication, allowing Biden to claim Hunter's laptop was a figment of Russian imagination. Biden was installed by force of 30k troops in DC and the operation was aided and abetted by 'the media'. Holy fuck < I forgot the riots!! See how seamless the operation is, btw how is that greatest financial crime in history turning out? is FTX open for business again , yet ?

Edited by tadmjones

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 9:21 PM, InfraBeat said:

Are you claiming that news companies were in contact with the campaign to coordinate on behalf of the campaign? That the new companies and the campaign had oral or written conversations in which they shared information, strategies and plans?

On 6/15/2023 at 1:29 PM, tadmjones said:

How else to explain the hyperbolic and false continuous reporting on the plague other than as pretense for a new voting scheme, the first and god forbid only time 69% of total votes were tabulated through 'non traditional' methods. Allowing Biden to claim repeatedly on air that his main reason for running was because of the 'Charlottesville' pro nazi speech by Trump , which was a total fabrication, allowing Biden to claim Hunter's laptop was a figment of Russian imagination. Biden was installed by force of 30k troops in DC and the operation was aided and abetted by 'the media'. Holy fuck < I forgot the riots!! See how seamless the operation is, btw how is that greatest financial crime in history turning out? is FTX open for business again , yet ?

(1) There may be exceptions, but the reporting was not characteristically hyperbolic.

(2) There will always be mistakes, but the reporting was not characteristically false.

(3) The most obvious explanations for the amount of reporting would be:

(a) The pandemic was an extraordinarily historic event.

(b) The pandemic had thousands of sub-stories to report.

(c) The pandemic was inherently dramatic. China constructing brand new hospitals ad hoc, and instantly filling them with thousands of Covid victims. A major Italian city with uncovered corpses thrown into the streets. American hospitals and health workers overwhelmed like not time in history. Mobile morgues parked in the streets of New York City. A mass grave in which bodies were just thrown in and covered in New York City. You can bet news organizations are going to report such dramatic events.

(d) The pandemic was poised to kill many more millions of people than the 7 million it has killed so far, so journalists would ordinarily feel a professional obligation to provide information about such a threat.

(e) News companies want to make money, and news about an extraordinarily historic event attracts readers, viewers and listeners.

But instead of looking at the obvious explanation, you resort to imputing an outlandish explanation without evidence.  

And pro-Trump media also reported profusely on the pandemic, and reported the graphic horrors.

(4) To believe that there was a plot among news companies with the Biden campaign to coordinate on behalf of the campaign by emphasizing the pandemic so that more people could vote by mail requires ridiculous assumptions without evidence:

(a) The news companies secretly met with the campaign and agreed that the news companies would emphasize the pandemic for the purpose of allowing more people to vote by mail.

(b) The news companies that happened to be in those meetings secretly communicated with all the rest of the news companies to also determine their coverage on that basis.

(c) In all that massive amount of communication, not one single person privy to has revealed it publicly. 

(5) That more people voted by mail and dropoff than in previous elections is accounted for by the fact that state governments, in view of the fact that grouping of people contributes to spread of an airborne deadly disease, allowed more voting by mail and dropoff, and people availed themselves of those options, which, of course, are options available to Trump voters too.

(6) Charges of fraud have been found unfounded in court after court after court, including courts and judges leaning Republican or appointed by Republicans, even appointed by Trump. And (though I might not be able to find the source now) at least one rare instance of fraud that was found was by a voter for ... Trump.

(7) The news organizations didn't "allow" Biden to claim his reason for running; he doesn't need them to allow him to do that. And, unless there is evidence to the contrary, we don't have a basis to believe that Biden's reason is not what he said it was.

(8) Biden said the laptop was Russian disinformation during a presidential debate. So, of course, news organizations would report that Biden said that. Also, some (I see at least one without researching further) non-Trump-favoring news organization did say that Biden overreached by saying that the 50 former intelligence people claimed outright that Russia was behind the story, and some non-Trump-favoring news organizations also reported that Trump and his campaign disputed that the Russia was behind the story. But most importantly in our context, even though, for the most part during the campaigns, the coverage of many major news organizations was biased in Biden's favor, there is no evidence that there was a plot to emphasize the pandemic in order for states to allow more voting by mail. 

(9) "Biden was installed by force of 30k troops in DC and the operation was aided and abetted by 'the media'."

That is typical of the kind of thing you say that virtually obliterates any credibility you might have.

(a) Biden was duly inaugurated per the constitutional count by Congress of the electoral votes of the states. That is despite a violent attempt to stop that constitutional process. 

(b) Additional troops were called in to prevent yet another violent attempt to disrupt or stop that inauguration. 

(c) To say that Biden was installed by "force of troops" implies that if not for the extra troops he would not have been inaugurated. But there is no basis for such a claim. And if he wouldn't have been inaugurated without the extra troops, then then that could happen only if a violent force overtook the ordinary number of troops and police to violently stop the Chief Justice from administering the oath to Biden. And then what? Hold a gun to the Chief Justice's head to force him to administer the oath to Trump? Is that what you advocate?

(d) If Biden was "installed by 30k troops", then in 2017 Trump was "installed" by 7.5k troops. 

(e) News organization didn't "aid and abet" troops - neither in 2021 for Biden nor in 2017 for Trump. 

(10) The more the news organizations covered riots, the worse that would be for the Biden campaign.

(11) I don't know why you think the FTX scandal suggests that news organizations plotted with the Biden campaign. (I'll ignore you if you again resort to linking to such an overwhelmingly discredited site as the one you mentioned previously.)

(12) You don't mention the MASSIVE amount of disinformation, including outright lies from President Trump himself in 2020. This includes misleading statements and outright lies that were reckless, dangerous and blatantly against the safety interests of Americans and people worldwide. And Trump himself admitted that he intentionally hid from the public the dangers of the pandemic. 

(13) You don't mention the massive amount of disinformation about Covid that came from rightwing associated social media. 

(14) You don't mention that Russia did use social media on behalf of Trump in 2016. And, though Mueller could not prove a criminal conspiracy with the Trump campaign, he did not exonerate the campaign nor did he conclude that there was not collusion (which is not a legal category), and we know that the Trump campaign was open to colluding and that Trump himself asked Russia to post the ILLEGALLY gotten emails, and Mueller found that Russia and the Trump campaign acted in parallel. So, if you say that the fact that the Biden campaigned benefited from the news organizations reporting on the pandemic implies a conspiracy with the news organizations and the Biden campaign, then likewise we would be permitted to say that the fact that Trump benefitted from Russia in 2016 implies a conspiracy with Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign.

/

Throughout this thread, you have failed to support your wild claims and are unable to factually and logically face the the refutations given you.

Edited by InfraBeat

Covid was not as deadly as reported , it was dangerous to the elderly and those with compromised health, not the 'general' or even close to the majority of the population.

The mitigation efforts of masking and distancing were known by the implementers of the policies to be ineffective.

The lockdowns and school closures were morally and constitutionally abusive and solely facilitated by spreading the falsehood of the 'deadly contagion'.

HCQ and Ivermectin along with vitamin D and zinc supplementation in non toxic doses showed efficacy especially when used as a prophylactic. Suppressing the efficacy of safe and available treatments and protections enabled the issuance of the EUA allowing the use and distribution of an experimental medical treatment. Facilitated by the public's belief of the presence of a 'deadly contagion'. 

Hospital beds have been declining as a percentage of the population for decades, added to the fact that most medical facilities curtailed staffing , services and wards that resulted in ' the crush'.

Inaccurate and faulty testing and testing regimes were deployed to promote the idea that daily life was dangerous.

The recommended( read mandated) standard of care coupled with patient isolation practices were at best medically inappropriate and at worst lethal. All facilitated by the rationalization of a 'deadly contagion'.

Historic medical and scientific practices and methodologies were discarded or 'officially ' changed( mass inoculation in the face of a novel infection, three months of safety and effectiveness testing equals five real world years)

Unconstitutional changes to balloting laws across the country were facilitated by the acceptance of the public of being in the midst of a 'deadly contagion'.

Aside from the actual infection , the reaction and the public's acquiescence to the state's response were facilitated by the propaganda fomented by 'the media' along with active suppression of any dissent to the 'narrative'. Do you believe the falsehoods spread were the continued result of separate organizations all making the same mistakes as to the accuracy of their 'reporting'? 

Obama , the FBI and DOJ were briefed on the fact that the DNC/Hillary Clinton were going to perpetuate a fraudulent story about Russian/Trump collusion , allowed it to happen and facilitated its happening. The Mueller report was a joke as was Mueller 2.0 ( the Durham Report) , it's is a laughable idea that the people that perpetuated the hoax would 'investigate' and report out their own complicity.

Hunter Biden's laptop is and was always 'real' and no one thought otherwise, as is Joe Biden's corruption documented on the laptop.

All cause excess death has been running about 10% higher than the five year average for about two years now, numbers that will soon if not already rival the numbers from the deadly delta wave, and cardiac and circulatory problems are on the rise (especially among a younger cohort but no media is talking about it, somehow it seems all of 'the media' is just unaware of it , along with the CDC and the WHO.

I suggest you stop 'listening' to the thoroughly discredited 'media' outlets you seem to follow.

For me, one of the most depressing aspects of the 'scamdemic' was the relative lack of visible governmental force applied to accomplish compliance.

For a long time I expected to see local and state police and National guard personnel posted at major transportation routes, similar to the way airports looked immediately after 9/11. I traveled in October of that year and was affected by the presence of armed military personnel , affected in that it was admittedly reassuring but there is also a visceral effect of their presence , one I was/am not accustomed to by virtue of having been born in the US, thank god.

My wife stopped working at her business for three months partly to care for our daughter as her care services were closed , but mostly from fear that members of the public would notice the activity and 'report it'. In a few months she resumed her business though 'covertly'( shuttered windows and clandestine parking schemes,lol) I was deemed 'essential ' and continued to work full time and for the first few weeks fully expected to see law enforcement presence , especially at the state border I cross, but that never materialized.

Recently I heard a discussion on the difference between force and power as it applies to governance and control. There is an inverse relationship among regimes between the use of force and the power they command. Power means control is established and acknowledged by the citizenry, whereas the actual use of force indicates the regime is being threatened , their control/power is or has been diminished in some capacity and in order to regain control the imminent threat of violence is the only tool left to their disposal.

Looking back now I see that the lack of a visible show of force means I live in a pretty powerful regime.

I know some will say that what I saw was the reaction of a rational citizenry responding to a commensurate actual threat, but the truth is it wasn't.

1 hour ago, tadmjones said:

Looking back now I see that the lack of a visible show of force means I live in a pretty powerful regime.

Mockingbird is that effective.

(Spoiler alert for the there-are-no-conspiracies retards: Mockingbird is real and you loudly communicate your ignorance and/or disdain for reality and fact every time you pretend doubt is tenable.)

If a tree falls..

The DoJ is dropping the charge of conspiracy to commit illegal campaign contributions against SBF( FTX) 'cuz apparently the Bahamanian govt doesn't much care about US election integrity, really why should they and/or the relative freedom of business in the Bahamas may be tinged by a 'concern', but whatever right?

Since the charge wasn't included in the extradition agreement , no illegal campaign donations occurred? Let us even concede that a charge isn't evidence, of course, but we should expect that in light of attaining the freest and fairest and transparentest elections since 2012 that the mere allegation will be investigated to the hilt right?

Just because a technicality allows the dropping of the charge against SBF doesn't mean the 'alleged' receivers of campaign donations are now beyond scrutiny , does it ? A conspiracy involves at least two participants, even if it were 'legal' to accept a donation given illegally cuz ignorance, the charge reads conspiracy to donate illegally meaning at least two parties knew of the illegality, allegedly.

Keep your ear to the ground

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's a good article from John Eastman, who represented Trump before the Supreme Court concerning the 2020 election, about some of the information he was given in the course of doing his job:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/most-secure-election-american-history-john-eastman

When the major law firms were backing out of taking on any of the election challenges, President Trump called me and asked if I would be interested. Texas had just filed its original action in the Supreme Court against Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin, and Michigan -- four swing states whose election officers had clearly violated election law in those states and with an impact that put Biden over the top in all four.

Two days later, I filed the motion to intervene in the Supreme Court in that action. The Supreme Court rules require the lawyer on the brief to have their name, address, email address and phone number.

Nobody in the country at that point really knew who Trump's legal team was, but all of a sudden people had a lawyer and an email address. I became the recipient of every claim, every allegation, crazy or not, that existed anywhere in the world about what had happened in the election. It was like drinking from a fire hose.

Interesting read!