Objectivism Online Forum

Win $10,000 in guns and gear - AR-15, Glock 17, etc

Rate this topic

I saw this on a local firearms forum, and thought some folks here would like a chance at it too:

OPSGear is giving away $10,000 in firearms and a ridiculous amount of gear.

You can enter daily until the contest ends on August 31st.

Some highlights:

Grizzly AR-15 and upgrades

Glock 17

Nightvision monocular and system

Military watch

Flashlights

Uniform and gear from head to toe

post-4514-0-27412300-1345640847_thumb.jp

Edited by brian0918

Unless you're planning an armed insurrection what is the point of all that gear? Also, what is the point of the skull mask?

What's the point of having a 300 hp engine, with the speed limit at 60? It's fun, that's the point. We live comfortable lives, with lots of free time on our hands, and we like to spend it playing. We play with cars, we play with computers, and we play with guns. Problem?

And, as an added bonus, the guns will also come in handy if an armed insurrection were to ever be in order. We don't all have blind faith in the government. Some of us have studied history, and know that governments often turn bad.

Edited by Nicky

Unless you're planning an armed insurrection what is the point of all that gear?

Well, for me, I would probably sell most of that gear, and use the money for other purposes. But I would certainly keep the firearms for self-defense.

However, in the event of an economic collapse, violence would skyrocket, and that gear would become useful or even valuable.

Also, what is the point of the skull mask?

It's the same exact point as the masks people wear for Halloween, or to Comic Con, etc.

In this case, the skull mask is usually a reference to a comic book called The Punisher. At least the one the cool kids wear. Though this one kinda sucks.

Edited by Nicky

In this case, the skull mask is usually a reference to a comic book called The Punisher. At least the one the cool kids wear. Though this one kinda sucks.

Actually, I believe this is a reference to a ski masked used in the Modern Warfare games. I'm not sure how I know that, since I haven't played any of them.