The Woman Thread

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not gonna lie, I do find her attractive in that sort of dark way. I know she's not the most physically attractive person to walk the Earth, but something about her that's beautiful.

I think, in some of the better done photographs when she was younger, she is quite attractive. These two pictures are the best:

rand3.gifayn-rand-4.jpg

And even in the Mike Wallace interview, she didn't look unattractive. I think it depends a lot on when the picture was taken.

I think, in some of the better done photographs when she was younger, she is quite attractive. These two pictures are the best:

rand3.gifayn-rand-4.jpg

And even in the Mike Wallace interview, she didn't look unattractive. I think it depends a lot on when the picture was taken.

The thing that creeps me most about Rand's appearance is, she looks like she might be a relative. Seriously, she looks quite a bit like some previous generations of my family.

I think her style is interesting but it's not exactly my taste, to put it diplomatically...

I must confess I have a weakness for women with great sense of style, especially when they're wearing beautiful dresses. And when it's Jessica Biel in a lovely dress it gets seriously hot.

jessica-biel-picture-3.jpg

jessica_biel_illusionist_premiere.jpg

jessica-biel-picture-1.jpg

She's aslo got a pretty face, wonderful hair and probably Hollywood's hottest body...

Edited by Alfa

Physically attractive or not, one thing's for certain: the woman had no style. Look at that dress! Nowadays, as the public figure that she was, she would have to have gotten herself a stylist.

Are you sure that wasn't a stylish dress at the time?

Are you sure that wasn't a stylish dress at the time?
I'm no expert on vintage clothing, but... the dress is awful, and there were certainly some clothes from every decade that still look good today. I couldn't say whether that particular dress was considered stylish at the time.

Physically attractive or not, one thing's for certain: the woman had no style. Look at that dress! Nowadays, as the public figure that she was, she would have to have gotten herself a stylist.

That picture was clearly a casual, at home picture. If she were "out on the town," I'm sure she would have worn a stylish dress. Even Jessica Biel does not wear stylish dresses when she is just sitting at home watching television. It's a matter of context.

Well... would you wear it JASKN? j/k And to play pre-emtive defense--no I wouldn't.
You know, when you put it that way, in a context that relates in no way whatever, yes... I would wear it. In fact, that dress is amazing! ...

That picture was clearly a casual, at home picture. If she were "out on the town," I'm sure she would have worn a stylish dress. Even Jessica Biel does not wear stylish dresses when she is just sitting at home watching television. It's a matter of context.
I'm going to avoid a side-topic on personal and fashion-related style, mostly because it will come down to each person saying, "Welp, I just don't/do like it." But, style is not driven by scenario contexts. A person, a thing, an attitude, whatever, all have particular styles independent of, but possibly related to, a scenario. So with fashion, someone might dress differently for a fancy party than for sleeping at night, but each of those types of clothes will also be stylish, or not.

EDIT: And just to throw it out there, I think her picture on the left is stylish. She has a cool, sleek look, and I think it works. Too bad the full dress or blouse can't be seen.

Edited by JASKN

The thing that creeps me most about Rand's appearance is, she looks like she might be a relative. Seriously, she looks quite a bit like some previous generations of my family.

I always thought she looked like someone who belonged in her time, know what I'm saying?

I believe she also used to wear a cape, which was considered very fashionable at the time - but I can't substantiate that, I just read it somewhere.

I want to bring that back! Wearing a cape that is. I've been trying to bring back the whole "wear a jacket like a cape" thing because I've found it to be quite comfortable, but I think a modern, stylish cape do the job just fine.