Objectivism Online Forum

Show Your Faces!

Rate this topic

Congratulations Hak. When are you sending out the cigars?

That'll be the fine Cuban cigars in a presentation box that I'd had for over a year that my girlfriend threw in the bin (a week before the baby was born) because they were 'old' and had 'probably gone past their sell-by date'....

Needless to say the friends and family who came to celebrate the birth ribbed her mercilessly about it :D

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The little photo that comes up under your name is your avatar: try going into your controls and clicking on the "Edit Avatar Settings" option. You then have numerous options for where you want the picture to come from.

The little photo that comes up under your name is your avatar: try going into your controls and clicking on the "Edit Avatar Settings" option. You then have numerous options for where you want the picture to come from.

Thanks JMS and softwareNerd! I think I got it.

• 1 month later...

1: Myself and my kitten, then able to sit on my shoulder like a sort of parrotcat.

2: Books are my favorite presents.

3: DND with Megan, and some guy I forget. I'm on the right, if you werent sure.

4: This isnt me. It's Ewan McGregor. But I still pretend sometimes.

post-2442-1141681921_thumb.jpg

post-2442-1141682085_thumb.jpg

post-2442-1141682257_thumb.jpg

post-2442-1141682699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matthew J

I just did a trip on my own down to Southern Florida a couple weeks ago and took a pic of myself wandering through the everglades. What a fantastic place! I'm now back in Canada suffering in this incessant winter season!

Hope this works.

post-1301-1141701520_thumb.jpg

post-1301-1141701571_thumb.jpg

post-1301-1141701627_thumb.jpg

post-1301-1141701883_thumb.jpg

Edited by drewfactor

Freedom Call, the side project of Gamma Ray drummer Dan Zimmerman. But on a sidenote, I'm known to give the horns when listening to Dragonforce and Powerquest as well. :)

I'm a Helloween man myself. I have about 5 of their albums. I also have some Gamma Ray, but their whiny "religious angst" and nihilism in their lyrics really annoys me.

I'll check out those bands you mentioned.

I'm a Helloween man myself. I have about 5 of their albums. I also have some Gamma Ray, but their whiny "religious angst" and nihilism in their lyrics really annoys me.

I'll check out those bands you mentioned.

I highly recommend them, I actually mentioned those two (Dragonforce and Powerquest) because they are from the UK. Powerquest in particular is excellent, check out "Wings of Forever" or "Neverworld", those two albums are unbelievable.

Actually, if you listen to "Land of the Free", "Somewhere out in Space", and "No World Order" you don't get much of the religious angst, though their latest release is loaded with it. Freedom Call is pretty much the exact opposite lyrically.

Helloween is excellent as well, I'm still taking in the complexities of their latest release (KOTSK the Legacy). Their new lead guitarist is actually Freedom Call's former lead guitarist.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Flipje :P and everyone B). Pictures 1 & 2- Well, this is me in my room attempting to take a picture where I'm not looking "sad", or "tired", or "bored", or "annoyed", or "like a statue". I'm not sure if it worked, but hey - I'm actually smiling in one of them! Pictures 3 & 4- The picture of me that someone described as "tired/bored", and another where it looks like I'm sleeping... (I'm just looking down). Anyways, 3 & 4 are what people tell me is the usual way I look which makes me "unapproachable" :o. I'm a shy person who doesn't really like showing emotions. Picture 5- That's my twin sister :D ! Can you tell us apart :P ?

post-2645-1146200946_thumb.jpg

post-2645-1146200969_thumb.jpg

post-2645-1146201084_thumb.jpg

post-2645-1146201104_thumb.jpg

post-2645-1146202755_thumb.jpg