Objectivism Online Forum

Who is better than Barack Obama?

Rate this topic

Simple question. I'll start with this -- Who is better than Barack Obama? I'm going to be purely Socratic in this thread. I'm usually always Socratic but, no one's caught on to that so I'm going to come out and say it this time.

Simple question. I'll start with this -- Who is better than Barack Obama? I'm going to be purely Socratic in this thread. I'm usually always Socratic but, no one's caught on to that so I'm going to come out and say it this time.
This being a forum dedicated to Objectivism, how about we use the Rand Method and cut through the bull. Why do you support this man, mammon?

In a practical manner any non-democrat because he would stalemate congress and keep them from doing as much.

So, being a non-Democrat makes someone better then Obama for the office of President (which I think you're implying because of the stalemate comment)? Is that the only criteria? Does any non-Democrat qualify?

you have yet to be socratic in response to criticism of other politicians.

What criticisms of other politicians?

Edited by Mammon

What makes you better?

Acting on principles, especially ones that are consistent with the ideal of laissez-faire capitalism.

By "I am", seen multiple times in the thread, just think "Objectivist" or "Laissez-Faire Capitalist".

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by NickS

This being a forum dedicated to Objectivism, how about we use the Rand Method and cut through the bull. Why do you support this man, mammon?

Does the Rand Method imply making BS and baseless accusations and expecting someone to defend them? Why do you spend 75% of your disposable income on chocolate sundaes, fletch?

Does the Rand Method imply making BS and baseless accusations and expecting someone to defend them? Why do you spend 75% of your disposable income on chocolate sundaes, fletch?

Well, you would think it would imply that if an on-topic question is asked, that it should be met with an answer, and not equivocations and ad hominem. Not that anybody really expected you to answer.... :lol:

On-topic: Given the level of Democrat control in Congress, I would submit that any strongly right-wing Republican would be better, so as to establish gridlock. The economy needs the government to step back and let things fall where they may. This would be politically unpopular, and could probably only happen in a divided government (thereby allowing one side to blame the other).

And yes, I realize this is strongly antithetical to Objectivist reasoning on contemporary US politics. But I think it is defensible nonetheless, in so far as economic issues are concerned.

I don't know, last time I looked at a map, Canada was in the Americas. :lol:

True and some day you will all gleefully bow to your Northern opressors liberators... but not today.

cthulhu4prez-preview1.png

What makes you better?

I value individual rights and would stand up for them on principle. I would work to implement this principle consistently through all of government. Further, I would be honest and up front about my position.

Given your previous posts on the subject, I dont know that assuming you support Obama could be classified as 'baseless.' As for your original question: Who is better than Barack Obama? I suppose if your goal was to expand the size of government, socialize medicine, balloon the debt, punish achievement, reward failure, redistribute wealth, and extinguish the remaining embers of smokestack-capitalism, then there might well be no one better than Barack Obama.

I suppose if your goal was to expand the size of government, socialize medicine, balloon the debt, punish achievement, reward failure, redistribute wealth, and extinguish the remaining embers of smokestack-capitalism, then there might well be no one better than Barack Obama.

Gasp! Saying that makes you a radical right-winger! Go listen to Rush, you dittohead! :P