Objectivism Online Forum

Rate this topic

Maybe we could state who we voted for President without arguing about it on this thread. No nitpicking or criticizing other people's answers. Just listening.

I'll go first. I ended up voting for Clinton because I don't want to see the Alt-Right gain real, government power with Trump in the White House.

Abstained, they both make my skin crawl. I don't see an advantage of keeping one of them out over the other, but if I did I still wouldn't want to vote for either of them. Johnson isn't good enough nor has a big enough public "blip" for me to make a statement vote.

The worst part of this season was the added public division. I don't know the greater significance, if any, but at minimum it was stupid for everyone to spend 3 months hating on people they got along with before.

I abstained until 5:30pm. Then I got restless. I'm not going to "kiss and tell" though.

When asked, prior to leaving the "9—5", if I wanted to venture who was going to win, I simply responded with "The one who gets the most votes."

Out of 14, 500+ registered voters in my precinct, I was the 748th to cast a ballot.

In a contest between the wrong principles and no principles, no principles won.

In a rejection which was a contest between loathing of the vile status quo and fear and shame of unpredictable idiocy, loathing won.

I only hope that this is not an indication of the despair and mindlessness of the populace but a forced choice on the road towards something neither Clinton or Trump or their parties stand for.

I voted Johnson/Weld based on their credentials as two term red governors of blue states, and their rejection of the current duopoly.  I also changed my political affiliation from republican to libertarian based on a party platform of fiscal conservatism and social liberalism (in that order).  They (and myself) may not represent the best political expression of Objectivism, but are at least making an effort to re-shape politics into a more positive approach of securing the rights and properties of individuals.

On 11/9/2016 at 3:02 AM, happiness said:

Trump. I was uncertain up to the last minute and still am. It's horrible to see trump win, but good to see Hillary lose, and I can enjoy it for at least a few hours. 

I voted for him, but I am not as horrified to see him as I would have been to see her win. We might not know what he's capable of due to his lack of experience, but we KNOW what she's capable of. It's worrisome enough to give my vote to Trump. I couldn't vote for Johnson. I think he's far too liberal in some ways and I didn't want to vote for him just because he was running as a Libertarian. Then I'd be a hypocrite for criticizing Republicans for always voting Republican without even knowing the issues and the same with Dems.