Objectivism Online Forum

The Woman Thread

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

I don't know if anyone here has seen the new AMC show Hustle, but the female lead, Jaime Murray, is a quite talented and beautiful actress ...

image65463_preview.jpghustle_murray_1.jpgpress1.jpg

I love that British voice, too. <_<

Hustle's a good show if you can ignore the con-man-as-hero premise. Great script, good stories, cool actors (Robert Wagner rides again!), kickin' bad guy music ... and Miss Jaime Murray.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Having recently watched the entire first season on DVD in two days, I now must laud Ellen Pompeo, the lead from Grey's Anatomy. There's some fluff in the show, but overall I thinks she does a good job portraying a smart, strong character. She's also proof that late 30s means nothing, and you can still look good if you have the resources and put in the effort.

If any of you says a word about anything having to do with the second season, which I have not yet seen, I will hunt you down and kill you.

Natalie Portman rocks. I loved her in V for Vendetta...much better than the crappy character she played in the Star Wars movies. She's quite intelligent too...has an Ivy League education, if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, she's kinda liberal, but she's also pro-Israel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have always thought Catherine Zeta Jones is so beautiful. She is graceful and very much womanly, but without losing any of her humaness. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. Sometimes I will look at other woman, and it seems like you have to give up something to be their kind of feminine.

But not her...she seems like it all came naturally. She doesn't need make or the trappings.

Not that I spend much time saying "I wish" anymore in my life, hahah...but I wish I looked like her hahah.

If I were Lesbian I would probably be drooling over her. But I'm not, so its just admiration.

I think Sophia Loren is a beautiful woman as well.

I like a lot of the other choices people has stated as well.

• 1 month later...

I don't know for how long this link will work, but the latest GQ has a shoot with Christina Aguilera looking just, wow.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_4394

My personal favorite is number 4 in the slideshow. That's just cute and playful and gorgeous to an extreme level. Perhaps the best word is bombshell.

I don't know for how long this link will work, but the latest GQ has a shoot with Christina Aguilera looking just, wow.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_4394

My personal favorite is number 4 in the slideshow. That's just cute and playful and gorgeous to an extreme level. Perhaps the best word is bombshell.

Wow! Christina Aguilera can be hit or miss depending on what she is wearing or how she has her hair done. Sometimes she looks totally trashy and can look like utter crap and at other times she is drop dead gorgeous (like in the Genie in a Bottle video or in that slideshow). Yay for that slideshow though.

-E

Ah, but I've not seen any Eastern European (Slavic) views here.

First of, I moved to USA from Ukraine, and I just don't get the obsession many guys have with Asian women. It's one thing if it's within certain normal range, but it is not in the normal range by far.

From my point of view, it's like an insult to American women. Haha, though it doesn't mean it has to be changed, I prefer American women over Asian so better for me. To be precise, though, not just any American (since America has such variety) but a mix of European cultures. To me, it's not just the European looks but the mentality.

Asian women have a tendency to be far too passive b/c of their cultural upbringing. European women don't have that, so it's nice to be on the same level.

Other cultures? Eh, too weird for me, I don't want to spend energy into adjustment. Now, for some reason, may guys in USA seem to think or taught/brainwashed that it's a great social service to choose a partner from a different culture. Nonsense. Each culture is like a single entity that grows and evolves on its own, so why should we forcefully unite them into one? Nah, it's better to keep variety according to the evolution theory.

Now, about the picture. I won't show any celebrity though as their looks will be biased since they spend so much time and effort into looking good. They have too, because if celebrities don't looks awesome, masses don't like them as much. (Another reason I don't like the average) Celebrities would be better off spending more time into their skills, then prettying up.

I will refer you to Ravane's photo, though. http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.php?showuser=2075

The fierce look in the eyes is hard to forget. And she said she was trying to look less angry! Alright!

Personally, I'm quite fond of Asian girls too. America is built on mixing cultures--I don't think we have a duty to do it, but all the same, I liked getting involved in Jewish culture and I see no reason not to date a pretty, intelligent, ambitious Asian girl if one should come my way. I say, the boundaries be damned! Only, I would have to do the cooking, because when I get full I want to stay full. :lol:

(I especially see no sense in restricting ourselves for evolutionary purposes... Besides, if you're Eastern European, are you not mixing into American culture? The cultures may have similarities, but by no means at all are they the same.)

Still, if we're going to post some of our favorite ladies on this site (or in general, really) I'm going to have to go with thejohngaltline. http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.p...pic=4557&st=100 About half-way down the page. I think it would have to be a contradiction to suppose the existence of a prettier woman. *makes dumb oogly-eyes*

8)

[Edit: For those interested, I might direct your attention to the very green eyes of thejohngaltline. A particular favorite of mine in the visual tour.]

Edited by aleph_0

As long as we're going old school, how about Angie Dickenson, circa 1959? To anyone who hasn't seen it, I'd recommend the film Rio Bravo, with her and John Wayne. She looks absolutely beatiful. Not too thick or thin, fair skin, and a killer smile. Really seductive, flirtatious character in that film too. Beautiful woman.

Wow, I thought I was the only one! I used to have a huge crush on Maura, she even has a hot name. B)

Fist Edit: forgot punctuation

Second Edit: Forgot to put the reason why I edited it the first time

Edited by Dargormudshark

Ayn Rand is perfect. I find her physically attractive because I am in awe of her mind. It has a carryover effect, if that makes sense to you. I love her mind, her certainty in her actions and ideas, her personality. Without her mind though, I probably wouldnt be attracted to her.

But if I had to choose two women that I would be attracted to even if they didnt have a great mind, it would be Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen(during the Full House years. jk of course).

http://benoit2501.free.fr/vrac/olsen/olsen...s_050517_08.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Olsen.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLKAY7GEsg...h=olsen%20twins (funny video of MK and Ashley)