Objectivism Online Forum

The Bobulinski angle on Biden

Rate this topic

On 11/12/2020 at 4:12 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Allowing a period of time during which the world thinks Biden/Harris will be taking power at the end of January so they may show the world what they really are is not inconsistent with anything from Q that I aware of.

Not even a post from Q today. Man, I'm so disappointed! 

• 1 month later...

I liked the RPG angle analysis and see the Docuseries is to touch on that too. The Vice link lends more credibility to the HBO notice.

I was hoping to find White Squall offered for free on Roku. Sometimes, like Gaslight, a movie can shed greater insight onto a term or phrase.

15 hours ago, dream_weaver said:

I was hoping to find White Squall offered for free on Roku. Sometimes, like Gaslight, a movie can shed greater insight onto a term or phrase.

I think it's a sailing thing, referring to the fact that the people on a boat all go wherever the boat goes.

1 hour ago, MisterSwig said:

I think it's a sailing thing, referring to the fact that the people on a boat all go wherever the boat goes.

I placed a hold on it at the public library.

I would agree, and it kinda ties in with the RPG angle and the Q-Anon numana as well — where the Q points, the Anons head.

Edited by dream_weaver

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the final voyage of the Albatross, the overlooked line in the feature, here, is the retort "Skipper" Sheldon provided to the Cuban commander: "Real sailors only need the stars." Unlike the guidance provided by Q-Anon, a compass is a navigational aide that exploits a correlation discovered between magnetic north and the location of the stars in the heavens, depending on the time of year.

Francis Beaumont was given the ship's bell at the end. An admira{b}l{e} touch.

Edited by dream_weaver
admira{b}l{e} was admiral

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, Eiuol said:

So like I said, get the hell out of here.

For what it's worth I'm quite happy he didn't listen to you.

On 11/3/2020 at 1:53 PM, Jon Letendre said:

The entire mass media complex has thrown enormous money and energy at poo-pooing [QAnon], several orders of magnitude greater than what it ever threw at Ayn Rand. They wouldn’t do that if they didn’t fear it. And they wouldn’t fear it if it wasn’t a threat to them, and growing everywhere.

There are quite a few inferential leaps in there with not much reasoning shown between them. And even if the media does fear Q, that doesn't say anything whatsoever about its truth or falsity (as @dream_weaver alluded to in his comment about the "worldwide effects of Islam and Christianity"); maybe they just think your movement is a dangerous bunch of nut jobs. I don't know whether or not that's true, nor do I have to; it's just one of the numerous possibilities you leapt right past in order to reach your conclusion.

On 11/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, Jon Letendre said:

His possession of Q-level access implies extremely high character and supports the reliability of his claims.

And this actually contradicts many of the other claims you've made.

You talk about the DC Swamp and nefarious forces within our own government. And I do sympathize with that characterization of things; I'm not one to defend the character of our Federal overlords. But if that's the current state of the system then the rank one has achieved within that system cannot function as a badge of honor.

Either Q's clearance should lend him credibility OR Washington DC is a hive of scum and villainy. You cannot have both.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Not at all.

President Trump’s oath forbids him allowing a traitor into office.

That’s what Obama can lean on to excuse his spying on Trump: he had a duty to protect against the election of a traitor. It is a real duty in the real world. (Obama knew he was framing Trump, so he will fly one-way to gitmo. His was the violence against the republic, and therefore he and and his co-conspirator VP Biden will have to pay a heavy penalty. Since Biden really is a traitor, Trump, and all the military (such as Bobulinski) who know this for a fact can not allow, because of their oath, cannot allow the traitor into office.

Now, Trump is going to handily win, so that particular point is not going to be relevant. But if they cheat so much that Biden “wins” then he will promptly be buried in charges, be fully exposed and be arrested or suddenly die, followed by Harris. Just watch, it’s coming fast now.

To clarify on my last point (now that I have a moment to truly focus on it):

What you're talking about is essentially giving each president veto power over the votes of each and every citizen if they happen to elect a "traitor". This is not a smart suggestion.

Google defines treason as the "act of betraying one's own country, attempting to overthrow its government or assassinate its sovereign". Now, if we were to stick to this definition (which would apply equally to Antifa and the 1/6 mob) then perhaps such veto power wouldn't be such an issue - only this doesn't seem to be the definition you're working with.

Are Creepy Uncle Joe's links to the CCP (not to mention all the alleged sexual misadventures) bad? Totally. And they ought to be fully investigated and perhaps he should be impeached, depending on the results of such investigations - but they don't amount to treason. And whatever we the people ultimately decide to do with Creepy Uncle Joe should not involve his predecessor in any capacity whatsoever.

Do you really not see what sort of conflict of interest we'd be setting up by asking each reigning president to accept or veto his successor - particularly when it involves his own reelection?

That would practically be begging somebody to just declare "I am the electorate!" And God help us all when we'd get what you're wishing for.

download.jpeg.44bedc4f37ed670923b0fb89e710de2c.jpeg

That's what I call dangerous.

Edited by Harrison Danneskjold
For the Meme

On 11/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, 2046 said:

Imagine thinking having books will increase your status and allow you to assert more things

To be fair, I think he simply found his identity as an Objectivist under assault and wished to buttress that. It seemed to be less about his overall credibility and more about whether or not he truly is "one of us".

And I think we should try to be fair, here. I don't think he'll end up changing my mind, but if we don't at least attempt to leave that possibility open then we can't ask him for the same courtesy, can we?

On 11/5/2020 at 12:39 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Remember, remember, the Fifth of November
Gunpowder treason and plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

I also wanted to mention that V for Vendetta a great movie which everyone should see at least once. Your political ideas could use some work but I've got to respect the aesthetic taste.

That being said ...

On 11/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Trump routinely and publicly states that Obama and Biden committed treason.

You say that as if it's a good thing.

Treason is an extremely serious accusation which shouldn't be thrown around flippantly, yet which Trump seems to use in roughly the same way in which the far left abuses the term "racist". This really is a bug and not a feature.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Q is three years old and we have our first Congresswoman.

You're not really trying to brag about the Jewish Space Laser lady now, are you?

You - ... You do realize how insane the rest of her belief system is, don't you?  I really don't think that's a member the Q movement should be bragging about.  If she came out tomorrow and endorsed Ayn Rand I'd be mortified, because - well, Jewish Space Lasers.

On 11/5/2020 at 1:52 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Objectivist circles are generally very closed-minded, they imagine themselves long-ago already in possession of everything required to grasp the nature of the world, including the political. True openness of thought I am sorry to say is just not abundant in (publicly observable) Objectivist circles. 

Unfortunately, in general I would tend to agree with that.  One of the reasons I'm so frequently tone-policing my peers here (indeed, a large part of the reason why I'm reviving this old thread) is in the attempt, in my own small way, to combat that regrettable tendency.  But when you are bragging about your own agreement with the Jewish Space Laser Lady I really can't avoid the conclusion that perhaps your own mind is a bit too open.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:35 PM, dream_weaver said:

I gather one of the Q's is from the Bond series. I'm afraid I missed the second reference. Could you provide some insight?

You aren't aware of the Star Trek Q?!?!!

Shame! Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow; dishonor on your whole family! Go watch some more Star Trek: The Next Generation immediately!

:P

On 11/12/2020 at 3:12 PM, Jon Letendre said:

So, no, I would not then " step off the Q-train." Trump and Flynn and others have signaled their affiliation with Q in thousands of ways.

Thank you for stating that under absolutely no circumstances are your opinions open to revision; that simplifies things a whole lot. Some stellar Objectivist Epistemology huh?

On 11/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, Eiuol said:

I'm a fan of the phenomenon as well, because allegorical and symbolic elements are interesting. It closely resembles the way occult and gnostic beliefs operate. It's all about hidden truths that are not accessible by normal means of thought. Here, we are talking about the revelatory nature of qdrops, the special access to truths that Q has, and the use of symbolism and allegory to reveal truth since direct statements and logical arguments do not lead to this truth. In fact, empirical evidence will always have been manipulated in some way, it really only serves to distort or confuse our pursuit of the hidden truth.

Indeed.

From what I gathered from the linked website (you seem to have read far more of it than I, but still, I did read some) the posts are about as vague as you might expect from your local medium.

The FoxHunt is on! Great; what is that and what precisely do you mean? We Can Not Be Stopped! Cool; who are you and what can you not be stopped from doing? I'm sensing a dead loved one whose name starts with a "G" over here!

They're the sort of claims that can't easily be proven or disproven. Not a great epistemic look.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, Jon Letendre said:

The President, members of the military, the Supreme Court, State Legislatures and others, are not going to sit and watch a proven traitor assume office.

This is gonna be an awkward question...

Now that Joe Biden is officially our real president (as awful as he truly is) ... What do you now think of that prediction?

8 hours ago, Harrison Danneskjold said:

You aren't aware of the Star Trek Q?!?!!

Shame! Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow; dishonor on your whole family! Go watch some more Star Trek: The Next Generation immediately!

When John de Lancie materialized on an episode of Murder, She Wrote, the implications you bring up here make me wonder if you're in cahoots with the Q-man himself.

8 hours ago, dream_weaver said:

When John de Lancie materialized on an episode of Murder, She Wrote, the implications you bring up here make me wonder if you're in cahoots with the Q-man himself.

I mean, if I was (hypothetically speaking) would I tell you? ;)

4 hours ago, Harrison Danneskjold said:

I mean, if I was (hypothetically speaking) would I tell you? ;)

For a while it was if QAnon had gone dark. Early June, Real Clear Science resurrected Karl Popper regarding the conspiracy theory of society.

With regard to Q, the discovery of a Ron Watkins is a rare find in a movement that has gained the degree of notoriety attributed to QAnon. And to think L. Ron Hubbard signed his name to many of the tenants he put forward. 

6 hours ago, dream_weaver said:

For a while it was if QAnon had gone dark. Early June, Real Clear Science resurrected Karl Popper regarding the conspiracy theory of society.

With regard to Q, the discovery of a Ron Watkins is a rare find in a movement that has gained the degree of notoriety attributed to QAnon. And to think L. Ron Hubbard signed his name to many of the tenants he put forward. 

To be perfectly clear (and all jokes aside) I don't hold QAnon to be much better than I'd guess that you do.

When I first heard about it (via the main stream media) I was inclined to think it wasn't as bad as they were saying, as a simple matter of taking their biases into account. I still haven't forgotten all of the blatant lies they've tried to sell me so very recently. When I started seriously probing their ideas (via my landlord) I revised my estimation of QAnon to being roughly as looney as the MSM said they were, but doubtlessly nowhere near as dangerous. Having read some of what @Jon Letendre linked to here has not improved that opinion.

I'm not sure if you're subtly trying to make sure that my most recent joke was, in fact, a joke. Many of your posts do tend to fly right over my head in precisely the way that this one has. But I do know who L Ron Hubbard was and I hope that any comparison was meant with just as much earnestness as that of my previous post.

PS:

If any comparison was even meant at all. IDK; your posts always gallop a ways away from whatever you were responding to, and sometimes I can also follow (and those times never fail to amuse) but sometimes not, and this is one of the latter ones.

Edited by Harrison Danneskjold
postscript

The most insightful article on QAnon dealt with game theory, of the stones on the floor that many gamers considered an arrow. 

Many gamers spent time seeking to understand what that programmer had never intended as a clue.

Creating Christ: How Roman Emperors Invented Christianity outline James Valliant's and Warren Fahy's quest for the origins of a religion that has had an incontrovertible had influence on the course of history.

L. Ron Hubbard is the author and instigator of Dianetics and Scientology. Thanks to some investigative reporting, Ron Watkins has been traced as an origin of 'Q-Level Clearance leaks'. How many 'movements' can be traced back to their origins?

Karl Popper pontificated about how difficult some conspiracies are to keep secret, while others can persist for generations. Hopefully the thread that runs loosely through these also bind them somewhat together.

The play on words "Q" gives rise to in existing cultural entertainment and can contribute to the amusement we indulged in flitting from Q of James Bond to Q of Star Trek: Next Generation, to John de Lancie who plaed Q, to a role he played in Murder, She Wrote that has been playing an a screen by pure intention, compliments of the local public library here. 

Hopefully this will help place some of this into better perspective.

• 1 month later...

Researchers identify key QAnon influencer 'GhostEzra'

excerpt:

GhostEzra has recently emerged as one of the most influential figures in far-right online spaces, amassing well over 300,000 Telegram channel subscribers since the beginning of the year.

The channel frequently spars with other QAnon influencers, something that has distinguished it from the other voices trying to fill the void left when the shadowy figure Q stopped posting on image boards last fall.

“Like with all movements, you are going to see factionalism once the main 'leader' goes away, and the fault lines of this factionalism usually have to do with ‘purity’,” Amarnath Amarasingam, assistant professor in the school of religion at Queen’s University, said in the report. “[GhostEzra] routinely criticizes other influencers as basically sellouts, as not true to the heart of the movement.”

Lord Of The Rings opening monologue

Galadriel: (speaking partly in Elvish)

(I amar prestar aen.) The world is changed.

(Han matho ne nen.) I feel it in the water.

(Han mathon ned cae.) I feel it in the earth.

(A han noston ned gwilith.) I smell it in the air.

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the Great Rings. . . .

. . .

. . .

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, it ensnared another bearer.

Rule By Secrecy, published in 2000, contains what the author considered the most significant (essential) organizations operating behind the scenes to shape the course of history. J.R.R. Tolkien captured a human truism while Hollywood stylized it for the silver screen. The future cannot be viewed easily in retrospect. Will a future version of a Rule By Secrecy style book contain a subsection on QAnon?

The article was put forth by The Hill, and identifies Robert Smart of Boca Raton, Fla.

In an earlier post linked to in this thread, Ron Watkins was singled out as the, or one of the founding Q's.

Sure, names are being put forth. A bit more background was provided regarding Ron Watkins. Robert Smart may be viewed as riding the coat-tails of the QAnon phenomenon that Ron had initiated.

What Chris Mills Rodrigo means by the far-right is implied in the paragraph. It would be where Robert Smart and others like him can be found if desired.

In a related story, the FBI does not seem to be giving QAnon much weight as investigation into the insurrection of January 6th.

FBI: Scant Evidence Jan. 6 Was a Plot

On Bannon’s War Room podcast , Darren Beattie of Revovler News explains that the reason they ‘found’ scant evidence is they can now shut down further ‘investigation’ before the militia groups will be exposed as having been infiltrated and instigated into performing the ‘insurrection’.

That gets me pondering how the cities have local police, counties and parishes have enforcement personal, that there are state police agencies and then many years after the formation of these United States, the FBI, and other agencies are brought into play. The system developed to bring about law and order has within it the system infiltrating and instigating insurrection as the means of crafting the circumstance to beget more tyrannical rule. 

To Beattie's credit, he's not hiding behind a shadow of anonymity on this point.