Objectivism Online Forum

Israelo-Palestinian Conflict: 2023 Edition

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, AlexL said:

Be ready for attacks from @tadmjones, @Jon Letendre, @Grames - you wouldn't expect on an Objectivism site...

I've already dealt with plenty of weirdos in online Objectivist communities. Israel specifically really breaks their brain for whatever reason. It's been my impression that most of the people with a ton of vitriol towards ARI-the type of person to scream "OBLEFTIVIST!" at anyone who disagrees with them-are either openly antisemitic or close to it. /pol/ weirdos and/or MAGA people not willing to completely let go, it seems. Quite sad.

Edited by Pokyt

1 hour ago, Pokyt said:

I've already dealt with plenty of weirdos in online Objectivist communities. Israel specifically really breaks their brain for whatever reason. It's been my impression that most of the people with a ton of vitriol towards ARI-the type of person to scream "OBLEFTIVIST!" at anyone who disagrees with them-are either openly antisemitic or close to it. /pol/ weirdos and/or MAGA people not willing to completely let go, it seems. Quite sad.

They are populating and destroying this forum do to lack of proper moderation and enforcement of forum rules that once made this one of the premium Objectivist forums outside of HBL which I need to rejoin and start avoiding this site while it's allowed to remain in this state. 

Also, good luck finding other real O'ists in the Detroit area. Virtually everyone is collectivist/altruist/statist in the area and from what I can tell can't even imagine valid alternatives to those ideas without resorting to irrational attacks or understand rational discussion of reality/Objectivist viewpoints without resorting to ad hominem attacks about literally everything regardless of how often you point them to eloquent Objectivist sources and articles that overcome all of their false objections.

2 hours ago, Pokyt said:

I've already dealt with plenty of weirdos [...]

I will add @whYNOT, @monart and @SpookyKitty

While @whYNOTis, curiously, pro-Israel, he is anti-Ukraine and an avid consumer of Putinist propaganda.

All 6 are, possibly, also Trump and conspiracy theories sympathisers.

I did not ask them about 9/11 and moon landing, though... 😁

4 hours ago, Pokyt said:

[...]

I just got a warning. 

Do you know something about it?

Does the Moderator @dream_weaver know?

==============================================

Hi AlexL,
You have been warned by Pokyt for a comment made in a topic, Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Reason:

Warning

Content:

Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Penalty:

·         Given 0 points which will never expire.

Note:

Hi, Alex. Just checking in to warn you about a post that was reported. I'm not going to dock you any points or anything, but it was reported and may have been in bad taste/against the rules. Thanks!

— Objectivism Online Forum

Just now, AlexL said:

I just got a warning. 

Do you know something about it?

Does the Moderator @dream_weaver know?

Hi AlexL,
You have been warned by Pokyt for a comment made in a topic, Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Reason:

Warning

Content:

Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Penalty:

·         Given 0 points which will never expire.

Note:

Hi, Alex. Just checking in to warn you about a post that was reported. I'm not going to dock you any points or anything, but it was reported and may have been in bad taste/against the rules. Thanks!

— Objectivism Online Forum

Oh, do you not see the context of the warnings? Sorry about that still getting used to this.

52 minutes ago, Doug Morris said:

Can you tell me what this stands for and how I can find it?  When I tried I got a lot of stuff about some bank and a little about the Hawaii Bicycling League.

See, necrovores above post.

13 hours ago, AlexL said:

I will add @whYNOT, @monart and @SpookyKitty

While @whYNOTis, curiously, pro-Israel, he is anti-Ukraine and an avid consumer of Putinist propaganda.

All 6 are, possibly, also Trump and conspiracy theories sympathisers.

I did not ask them about 9/11 and moon landing, though... 😁

You could do with some education on the false alternative/dichotomy.

The fanatical (Western) propaganda is which made for:

either "pro-Putin" OR "Slava Ukraini!" Like children's games, with us or against us.

Third way, for/against neither - and an early negotiations route to a peaceable resolution.

They and their triumphalist indoctrinating of a "weak Russia" have (predictably) got Ukrainians killed in masses with Russia still solidly unbudged from its positions inside Ukraine, so, so much for pretending to be "for" Ukrainians. It was a murderously callous war policy foisted on the people.

It makes one wonder just how little were leaders and populations caring "for Ukraine", and how much more hating/fearing of Russians. 

Obviously, exposed now is the rank failure of (colluding, censoring) western propaganda up against reality. "Putinist propaganda", I've said, was much more bluntly realistic.

Still in denial, the Western govt's won't admit their deceptions and failure. They will keep doubling down.

Edited by whYNOT

Don't Tread on USA!

The US has said they will not attack targets inside Iran for their use of terrorist organizations to attack Iranian opponents. I hope, however, that the US has not taken destruction, sooner or later, of the entire Iranian navy off the table as among US retaliatory response actions.*

https://www.asil.org/insights/volume/8/issue/25/world-court-finds-us-attacks-iranian-oil-platforms-1987-1988-were-not

I had not heard of the military action prior to clicking on the link and not sure how much credence to put on ICJ proceedings but seems they determined the US strikes on the oil platforms were not consistent a with self defense, defense.

I think the destruction of the Iranian Navy would have to precede from a declaration of war, no ?

• 1 month later...

A return to clarity, by a proper expert on urban warfare. Increasing dismissal of the "numbers" put out by the Gazan Ministry of Death. Nothing new, Hamas' strategy was all-dependent on large civilian casualties, real or fictional, to "win" the political war.

Edited by whYNOT

On 2/8/2024 at 5:50 PM, tadmjones said:

I think the destruction of the Iranian Navy would have to precede from a declaration of war, no ?

One would think so. I'm not one of those calling for such a declaration, especially one justified to 'help Israel' (which will fight its own regional battles, hopefully without interference) but for "calibrated" retaliation against any "clear and present danger", such as the intolerable attacks on international shipping by the Houthis which the US led consortium has firmly responded to and has to permanently stop. I believe Iran is "testing the waters", so to speak, seeing how far they can push the West through its proxy terror groups while avoiding confrontation. They must be met resolutely on an ad hoc basis while not (yet) maximally.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/2024-03-16/live-updates-792187

Edited by whYNOT

A few more are sitting up and taking notice of a glaring anomaly, the 'numbers' given are those accepted without question from - a Jihadi terror group and its supporters, from whom the disingenuous claim of 'genocide' originates, the 'numbers' fuelling the lie - picked up and promoted with glee by sundry Judeophobes.

Too late this Newsweek piece, the slander was popularly embedded in the first days after Oct7, in advance of the first Gazan casualties.

But I notice a level of panic setting in, Hamasophile writers and Tubers and mass activists are not getting their way as expected in saving the remnants of their adulated hero-killers with "humanitarian ceasefire" demands - this time the IDF shows it will not cave to global sentiment and is committed to going all the way.

(The huger threat is the Hezbollah Army's coordinated attack in the North, holding back, waiting to see what happens there, and why Israel must wrap up the Gaza war quickly). This is "existential" self-preservation  for Israel (for any who are concerned).

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/world/a-more-accurate-accounting-of-the-war-in-gaza-opinion/ar-BB1ka9IG?rc=1&ocid=socialshare&cvid=fa1e2985647b4284842206f5d0432e0e&ei=11

Edited by whYNOT

• 2 weeks later...

The forum for ARC-UK's young intellectuals has been the one robust, regular, just, resistance against the swarming social media calling - some at least implicitly, more, overtly - for Israel's eradication. Or ordering Israel to conform to public opinion, UN resolutions. etc. at its own present and future sacrifices. (ugh, election year...). Good for them.

And in this ~moral~ war, the appeasing international community calls for "ceasefire" - while never condemning Hamas still holding hostages - and for a "two-state solution"; a truce and compromising negotiations which weren't raised in 2 years of that other immoral one.

https://www.youtube.com/live/aNpe4jqzo6Y?si=DG-c7Fpy5i3NTOlf

Edited by whYNOT

Why I've advocated a measure of distance between the longstanding allies to keep their friendship alive throughout unpredictable changes of administration.  Biden, Schumer et al  must accept that Israel is not "the 51st state" to do their bidding. The IDF must complete this last push into Rafah. (And for Israel to decide how to handle the aftermath, not the pressured and impossible (for now) 2-state solution that will guarantee unending conflict with the Palestinians who, common knowledge, will seize it as the path to the 'one-state' solution they wish for. .

Not another "prolonged war" with Israel as "proxy".

Let Israel finish the task, unimpeded- to ensure the US doesn't need to enter down the line. 

Analyst on Epoch TV:

"It is the position of the Biden Administration that wants to prevent Israel from winning, that is most likely to entangle America in this region".

https://www.theepochtimes.com/epochtv/how-bidens-policies-are-prolonging-the-gaza-war-eugene-kontorovich-5613002?utm_source=NS_ATLNewsletter&src_src=NS_ATLNewsletter&utm_campaign=atl-2024-03-30&src_cmp=atl-2024-03-30&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAde0lbBkLyNPE7b0Knm1WH7l7wk9AJCYDvu4puebPx%2B%2Bc52sNbBYRuw%3D%3D?utm_source=ref_share&utm_campaign=copy

Edited by whYNOT

4 hours ago, whYNOT said:

Why I've advocated a measure of distance between the longstanding allies to keep their friendship alive throughout unpredictable changes of administration.  Biden, Schumer et al  must accept that Israel is not "the 51st state" to do their bidding. The IDF must complete this last push into Rafah. (And for Israel to decide how to handle the aftermath, not the pressured and impossible (for now) 2-state solution that will guarantee unending conflict with the Palestinians who, common knowledge, will seize it as the path to the 'one-state' solution they wish for. .

Not another "prolonged war" with Israel as "proxy".

Let Israel finish the task, unimpeded- to ensure the US doesn't need to enter down the line. 

Analyst on Epoch TV:

"It is the position of the Biden Administration that wants to prevent Israel from winning, that is most likely to entangle America in this region".

https://www.theepochtimes.com/epochtv/how-bidens-policies-are-prolonging-the-gaza-war-eugene-kontorovich-5613002?utm_source=NS_ATLNewsletter&src_src=NS_ATLNewsletter&utm_campaign=atl-2024-03-30&src_cmp=atl-2024-03-30&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAde0lbBkLyNPE7b0Knm1WH7l7wk9AJCYDvu4puebPx%2B%2Bc52sNbBYRuw%3D%3D?utm_source=ref_share&utm_campaign=copy

Good, but this is a proper war that the US should have immediately entered on the side of our closest ally to protect one of the only mostly free nations that has ever existed from an attack by the equivalent of the new Nazis. And its a war that should have been over in hours like most. 

7 minutes ago, EC said:

Good, but this is a proper war that the US should have immediately entered on the side of our closest ally to protect one of the only mostly free nations that has ever existed from an attack by the equivalent of the new Nazis. And its a war that should have been over in hours like most. 

You don’t see Israel as a dominant regional power? Granted their continued dominance is in large part due to their continued relationship with the west more broadly and the US in particular. What would the US ‘entering’ a war against Gaza look like, or why would it be necessary? 

10 hours ago, EC said:

I do not even hear a desire for intervention from Israelis themselves. Rather, the country and global Jewry, also under enormous strain, should be championed morally, that's urgently needed and lacking. You know my attitude on committing American soldiers anywhere? This far, it's Israel's local fight alone, they have to deal with the consequences. The arms (they purchase by agreement out of the 3.3 billion dollars in annual aid they get from the US) must not be withheld during war. The possibility is delighting/empowering the terrorists and their genocidal supporters. 

Edited by whYNOT

15 hours ago, tadmjones said:

You don’t see Israel as a dominant regional power? Granted their continued dominance is in large part due to their continued relationship with the west more broadly and the US in particular. What would the US ‘entering’ a war against Gaza look like, or why would it be necessary? 

A nuclear strike. Which again should be directed at Iran.  To protect the United States,  Israel and the world from terrorism.