Jump to content
Objectivism Online Forum

Israelo-Palestinian Conflict: 2023 Edition

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, AlexL said:

Be ready for attacks from @tadmjones, @Jon Letendre, @Grames - you wouldn't expect on an Objectivism site...

I've already dealt with plenty of weirdos in online Objectivist communities. Israel specifically really breaks their brain for whatever reason. It's been my impression that most of the people with a ton of vitriol towards ARI-the type of person to scream "OBLEFTIVIST!" at anyone who disagrees with them-are either openly antisemitic or close to it. /pol/ weirdos and/or MAGA people not willing to completely let go, it seems. Quite sad.

Edited by Pokyt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pokyt said:

I've already dealt with plenty of weirdos in online Objectivist communities. Israel specifically really breaks their brain for whatever reason. It's been my impression that most of the people with a ton of vitriol towards ARI-the type of person to scream "OBLEFTIVIST!" at anyone who disagrees with them-are either openly antisemitic or close to it. /pol/ weirdos and/or MAGA people not willing to completely let go, it seems. Quite sad.

They are populating and destroying this forum do to lack of proper moderation and enforcement of forum rules that once made this one of the premium Objectivist forums outside of HBL which I need to rejoin and start avoiding this site while it's allowed to remain in this state. 

Also, good luck finding other real O'ists in the Detroit area. Virtually everyone is collectivist/altruist/statist in the area and from what I can tell can't even imagine valid alternatives to those ideas without resorting to irrational attacks or understand rational discussion of reality/Objectivist viewpoints without resorting to ad hominem attacks about literally everything regardless of how often you point them to eloquent Objectivist sources and articles that overcome all of their false objections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pokyt said:

I've already dealt with plenty of weirdos [...]

I will add @whYNOT, @monart and @SpookyKitty

While @whYNOTis, curiously, pro-Israel, he is anti-Ukraine and an avid consumer of Putinist propaganda.

All 6 are, possibly, also Trump and conspiracy theories sympathisers.

I did not ask them about 9/11 and moon landing, though... 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pokyt said:

[...]

I just got a warning. 

Do you know something about it?

Does the Moderator @dream_weaver know?

==============================================

 

Hi AlexL,
You have been warned by Pokyt for a comment made in a topic, Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Reason:

Warning

Content:

Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Penalty:

·         Given 0 points which will never expire.

 

 

Note:

Hi, Alex. Just checking in to warn you about a post that was reported. I'm not going to dock you any points or anything, but it was reported and may have been in bad taste/against the rules. Thanks!

==============================================


— Objectivism Online Forum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AlexL said:

I just got a warning. 

Do you know something about it?

Does the Moderator @dream_weaver know?

==============================================

 

Hi AlexL,
You have been warned by Pokyt for a comment made in a topic, Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Reason:

Warning

Content:

Reblogged:A Man Tries the 'Back-up-to-Park' Fad

Penalty:

·         Given 0 points which will never expire.

 

 

Note:

Hi, Alex. Just checking in to warn you about a post that was reported. I'm not going to dock you any points or anything, but it was reported and may have been in bad taste/against the rules. Thanks!

==============================================


— Objectivism Online Forum

Oh, do you not see the context of the warnings? Sorry about that still getting used to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Doug Morris said:

Can you tell me what this stands for and how I can find it?  When I tried I got a lot of stuff about some bank and a little about the Hawaii Bicycling League.

 

See, necrovores above post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AlexL said:

I will add @whYNOT, @monart and @SpookyKitty

While @whYNOTis, curiously, pro-Israel, he is anti-Ukraine and an avid consumer of Putinist propaganda.

All 6 are, possibly, also Trump and conspiracy theories sympathisers.

I did not ask them about 9/11 and moon landing, though... 😁

You could do with some education on the false alternative/dichotomy.

The fanatical (Western) propaganda is which made for:

either "pro-Putin" OR "Slava Ukraini!" Like children's games, with us or against us.

Third way, for/against neither - and an early negotiations route to a peaceable resolution.

They and their triumphalist indoctrinating of a "weak Russia" have (predictably) got Ukrainians killed in masses with Russia still solidly unbudged from its positions inside Ukraine, so, so much for pretending to be "for" Ukrainians. It was a murderously callous war policy foisted on the people.

It makes one wonder just how little were leaders and populations caring "for Ukraine", and how much more hating/fearing of Russians. 

Obviously, exposed now is the rank failure of (colluding, censoring) western propaganda up against reality. "Putinist propaganda", I've said, was much more bluntly realistic.

Still in denial, the Western govt's won't admit their deceptions and failure. They will keep doubling down.
 

 

Edited by whYNOT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't Tread on USA!

The US has said they will not attack targets inside Iran for their use of terrorist organizations to attack Iranian opponents. I hope, however, that the US has not taken destruction, sooner or later, of the entire Iranian navy off the table as among US retaliatory response actions.*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.asil.org/insights/volume/8/issue/25/world-court-finds-us-attacks-iranian-oil-platforms-1987-1988-were-not

I had not heard of the military action prior to clicking on the link and not sure how much credence to put on ICJ proceedings but seems they determined the US strikes on the oil platforms were not consistent a with self defense, defense.

I think the destruction of the Iranian Navy would have to precede from a declaration of war, no ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...